The Student Room Group

Will it be possible to change sixth forms for Year 13?

Good morning, so recently I was forced to resit year 12 (more context from my other posts) and I heavily dislike it; so I would like to move sixth forms and try and see if I could do year 13 somewhere else. On the system at my current sixth form I am still classed as a year 13 student due to me being one and taking year 13 lessons at the start of the academic year. I have asked around in school and online and it is possible for me to do but will be very hard, I was just wondering if anyone has done this before and if you could give me some pointers/ tips to do so despite it being quite late in the year. As my other option is to do a resit I don't want to do and hate the next two years or do my 2024 A-levels privately which is very expensive unless I switch sixth forms/ move to a sixth form college/ college. For reference I am based in London and was predicted getting a BBC or ABC at the end of year 13 depending on how hard I pushed myself.
I was getting UUU in the beginning of year 13 test. I managed to get A's before January. U can always catch up with the content. Just do a lot of past papers
I'm confused as to what u r asking
You're in year 12 but you want to see if other sixth forms would let you on year 13
Reply 2
Original post by anonymoussse
I was getting UUU in the beginning of year 13 test. I managed to get A's before January. U can always catch up with the content. Just do a lot of past papers
I'm confused as to what u r asking
You're in year 12 but you want to see if other sixth forms would let you on year 13

I am supposed to be in Year 13 currently however my sixth from told me to resit basically giving me an ultimatum saying I should drop my subjects in year 13 and retake with something else or go somewhere else. My question was that is it possible for me to go to another sixth form to do year 13 rather than be stuck retaking. (I hope this cleared it up)

Quick Reply

Latest