The Student Room Group

How did everyone find Edexcel iGCSE Maths 7 Jan 2019 exam today?

Scroll to see replies

only 179? ONLY? that is such a good score you should be proud
Reply 81
Yo you are gonna smash it tomorrow don't worryyy. I wanna know how it went after u done
Original post by walnut777
I'm doing my Maths gcse tomorrow its this same spec im so nervous i did this paper as a mock and got 194/200 i hope this one goes well too AGHH
i did it its over! haha but paper 2HR left. I live in the UAE and this was my first gcse ever. i expected the test itself to be easier but the atmosphere wasn;t as panicky as i thought. I think i did okay i answered every question a couple of other people got the same answers as me. there was this one vectors question that only one other person i know of got the same answer as me because most poeple didnt get an answer for that one.
i had done a similar question to that one before but i never expected it to come up because it was pretty hard. I'll post it here. Keep in mind it is not the one that came up but similar.
ive attached it as a file.
Reply 84
That's good to hear! Don't panick mate you'll smash paper 2 like you smashed this one. You must have practiced the vectors one in 1HR Jan 2019? There was one in there that I did and thankfully got right. It was pretty rough. But Ez 9 lezz go you can do it!
i did it its over! haha but paper 2HR left. I live in the UAE and this was my first gcse ever. i expected the test itself to be easier but the atmosphere wasn;t as panicky as i thought. I think i did okay i answered every question a couple of other people got the same answers as me. there was this one vectors question that only one other person i know of got the same answer as me because most poeple didnt get an answer for that one.
i had done a similar question to that one before but i never expected it to come up because it was pretty hard. I'll post it here. Keep in mind it is not the one that came up but similar.
omg that vectors question! i got the right answer (it was like -2a+3b or something) but i didn't prove that the triangle was the same length or whatever. but our teacher marked it so i dont know if i wouldve gotten it right officially.
thank you sm for the motivation haha
the first question itself was so annoying.
They showed you the dimensions of an empty cylinder. and then someone pours water in it. and then they ask you to find the depth of the water in the cylinder so i didnt know whether to measure it from the top of the cylinder to the water line or the bottom of the cylinder to the water line. i put in one of them hopefully i'll only lose a mark for that question
I feel you're a genius
omg that vectors question! i got the right answer (it was like -2a+3b or something) but i didn't prove that the triangle was the same length or whatever. but our teacher marked it so i dont know if i wouldve gotten it right officially.
thank you sm for the motivation haha
the first question itself was so annoying.
They showed you the dimensions of an empty cylinder. and then someone pours water in it. and then they ask you to find the depth of the water in the cylinder so i didnt know whether to measure it from the top of the cylinder to the water line or the bottom of the cylinder to the water line. i put in one of them hopefully i'll only lose a mark for that question
You live in the UAE? Which school?
what school are you in?
Original post by Brianna.l_cia
You live in the UAE? Which school?
ahah ive been called that before but i don't think im any different from anyone else.
in Gems Wellington International School
why do i feel like everyone on tsr lives in the UAE
Ikr... I study in GEMS Cambridge International Abu Dhabi... Are you one of those with the Sheikha Fatima Award?
ahah ive been called that before but i don't think im any different from anyone else.
Reply 91
I live in the UAE too lol. Ajman Academy

Quick Reply

Latest