The Student Room Group

How to link genetics with senensence (ageing)

I've been asked to do a presentation and an accompanying essay on senescence (ageing) - for physiology.

So far within my presentation I have included: What happens as we age, the signs and symptoms of ageing, what happens to our bones and joints as we age, the two theories that are considered to be brhind the cause of ageing: 'The Programmed Theory' and 'The Damage and Error Theory'. Then I go on to describe in more detail 'The Programmed theories' 3 subcategories: The Longevity Theory, Endocrine theory and the Immunological Theory. Furthermore, I go on to explain the main components of 'the Damage and Error Theory' however, then I need to include how genetics and telomeres are a part of aging because I can't quite get my head around the link. I have already done a PowerPoint on what telomeres are and how they turn into senescent cells but, I just need the link between ageing and genetics simplified so that I can understand it and write it in my PowerPoint so that makes PowerPoint flow nicely.

I hope that makes sense? 🙃🙏
Original post by Beth1097
I've been asked to do a presentation and an accompanying essay on senescence (ageing) - for physiology.

So far within my presentation I have included: What happens as we age, the signs and symptoms of ageing, what happens to our bones and joints as we age, the two theories that are considered to be brhind the cause of ageing: 'The Programmed Theory' and 'The Damage and Error Theory'. Then I go on to describe in more detail 'The Programmed theories' 3 subcategories: The Longevity Theory, Endocrine theory and the Immunological Theory. Furthermore, I go on to explain the main components of 'the Damage and Error Theory' however, then I need to include how genetics and telomeres are a part of aging because I can't quite get my head around the link. I have already done a PowerPoint on what telomeres are and how they turn into senescent cells but, I just need the link between ageing and genetics simplified so that I can understand it and write it in my PowerPoint so that makes PowerPoint flow nicely.

I hope that makes sense? 🙃🙏

Research about Progeria a autosomal dominant disorder

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending