The Student Room Group

EU Problem Directives Essay Question!!

I need some help. How would you go about structuring this and what would you include??

QUESTION
1) Imaginary Directive 99/16 provides for all Member States to prohibit discrimination against transgender people in the workplace by September 2018. All Member States have complied correctly except the United Kingdom who has not even implemented the Directive.

The UK argues that its existing domestic law on sex discrimination is adequate.

Advise the following transgender persons, who have all been fired from their jobs, as to their rights as a result:

a) Abdul, a UK lawyer who works for the UK Home Office in Croydon, UK.

b) Basanti, a Bulgarian charity worker who works at ‘UK State Aid’, a government funded private organization in central London.

c) Carmen, a Spanish cleaner at McDonald’s restaurant in Bristol, UK.

d) Darcy, a Danish shop steward at Marks & Sparks in Cardiff, Wales. Marks & Sparks is now in receivership due to the popularity of online shopping.

No one is going to hand you a answer on a plate. Your expected to post your own thoughts and ideas and highlight areas that your stufk on.

But nevertheless, I'll try start you off in terms of what to focus is on. Lok into Direct effect, indirect effect and see how (if applicable) applies to each question. I cant be of much help as its been a very long while since I done EU law.

Read your textbook, lecture notes and to get an understanding of the subject.
Okay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending