The Student Room Group

Chipped Tooth

I just chipped one of my front teeth whilst eating my dinner (stupid fork!) and whilst it is only a small barely noticeable chip I should probably go to the dentist before it gets worse. It's quite sensitive and sore so I think a dentist would be a good idea. Question, I'm at uni and registered up at home and can't really get home to see my dentist for a while because of university stuff. Will leaving it for a couple of weeks causes problems for my tooth or should I try and find some sort of emergency dental clinic here? I tried looking online to find one and had no luck at all! Anyone know where I can find details of emergency dental clinics?
Reply 1
A tooth chip shouldn't cause you any hassle aside from being a bit painful. I don't see why you would need to go to the dentist...
Reply 2
It's obviously best to get it looked at, rather than wait. If it's not too bad you could probably be careful until your next appointment at home, but to be on the safe side you should ask one of your friends about the dentist at your Uni or something for a checkup.
Reply 3
happydinosaur
I just chipped one of my front teeth whilst eating my dinner (stupid fork!) and whilst it is only a small barely noticeable chip I should probably go to the dentist before it gets worse. It's quite sensitive and sore so I think a dentist would be a good idea. Question, I'm at uni and registered up at home and can't really get home to see my dentist for a while because of university stuff. Will leaving it for a couple of weeks causes problems for my tooth or should I try and find some sort of emergency dental clinic here? I tried looking online to find one and had no luck at all! Anyone know where I can find details of emergency dental clinics?

I've chipped my teeth a few times, nothing major to worry about. It will probably wear down and become less sharp in the next days so it'll be hardly noticable apart from in the mirror. Not sure about sensitivity but pretty sure that would go away too.

Does your uni have a dentist? I'm not that sure about emergency dental treatment, its quite a minor procedure to fix a chipped tooth and you'd probably be back of the queue :p:
SuperDaz
I've chipped my teeth a few times, nothing major to worry about. It will probably wear down and become less sharp in the next days so it'll be hardly noticable apart from in the mirror. Not sure about sensitivity but pretty sure that would go away too.

Does your uni have a dentist? I'm not that sure about emergency dental treatment, its quite a minor procedure to fix a chipped tooth and you'd probably be back of the queue :p:

My uni doesn't have a dentist so I shall have to try and get an appointment at home. Didn't really mean emergency dental treatment as in emergency more a similar system to doctors were they let you go if your not registered because I don't have time to go home. Just want to check it hasn't cracked or anything as I seem to have really weak teeth and some of the others have cracked before. Thanks for the replies. Time for some painkillers I think,
Reply 5
I broke one of my front teeth in half at the beginning of this term, phoned around the local private dental practices (found loads just by doing a google search) and found one that got me an emergency appointment for the next morning. Cost quite a lot, £90, but it would have cost about that much anyway back home.
I tried the NHS emergency dental service but they said the service was only for people who were pretty much in agony.
jonzza
I broke one of my front teeth in half at the beginning of this term, phoned around the local private dental practices (found loads just by doing a google search) and found one that got me an emergency appointment for the next morning. Cost quite a lot, £90, but it would have cost about that much anyway back home.
I tried the NHS emergency dental service but they said the service was only for people who were pretty much in agony.

Might try that then rather than waiting for 7 weeks till I finish uni for the summer. I've always wondered about dentists for situations like this because with doctors you can be a temporary patient but it seems more tricky with teeth.
__
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending