The Student Room Group

Doing 3 a levels + 1 AS?

I’m doing 3 a levels that I enjoy right now but I feel like biology would’ve been a good option that I didn’t pick. I was very interested at gcse level but I panicked a bit when choosing a levels and didn’t pick it
I’m wondering, if I pass all three subjects at AS (my school does it) and carry them on next year, is it worth starting AS bio maybe? A lot of uni courses I look into that sound interesting require bio but I also like my current subjects and don’t want to drop any of them.
Basically, would I be worth doing 3 a levels and 1 AS in my second year, then doing 1 a level in my third year?
Original post by Starrymatt
I’m doing 3 a levels that I enjoy right now but I feel like biology would’ve been a good option that I didn’t pick. I was very interested at gcse level but I panicked a bit when choosing a levels and didn’t pick it
I’m wondering, if I pass all three subjects at AS (my school does it) and carry them on next year, is it worth starting AS bio maybe? A lot of uni courses I look into that sound interesting require bio but I also like my current subjects and don’t want to drop any of them.
Basically, would I be worth doing 3 a levels and 1 AS in my second year, then doing 1 a level in my third year?

Work out if you need it for the degree curse that interests you? If not then I would skip it and just focus on the 3 best grades.

In the event you need it, then check carefully and AS may be enough am not sure its worth the third year unless you plan a gap anyway. Your school might not let you stay just to finish one A level. If you do take it then be sure to do the practical endorsement in year 13.
If you think you can why not? Imo you’ll always regret NOT a subject, it’s better to try than to decide not to cause people say it’s too much to handle, with an extra subject you can literally drop it any time and you don’t have to worry as much about the grade in it, it’s purely for enjoyment otherwise there’s no point. I’m doing as AS in further maths n I love it

Quick Reply

Latest