The Student Room Group

Any positives about brexit

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Burton Bridge
Unsure what you mean?

Otherwise known as playback on demand, find the programme start watching it in the first few minutes.
Reply 101
Complete responsibility for our laws = national parliamentary democracy. Not paying for loads of MEPs to live it up on expenses in Brussels while achieving very little of merit. I confess there are some downsides too..
Original post by NJA
I just started watching "the Great Fire of London".
They said that the cost if it hit the same area today would be £37billion!

£2billion less than the EU annual membership fee.

£37 billion? As little as that. Is that just the cost of rebuilding? I would have though that the land alone is close to that amount to say nothing of the cost to the economy of one of the most economically rich parts of the entire world. I think your program is selling you short.
Reply 103
Original post by ByEeek
£37 billion? As little as that. Is that just the cost of rebuilding? I would have though that the land alone is close to that amount to say nothing of the cost to the economy of one of the most economically rich parts of the entire world. I think your program is selling you short.

The land is not destroyed only the buildings a billion is a lot of money
Original post by ByEeek

What do you you mean? How do you rebuild land? What other costs are they apart from building and contents costs? Apart from a loss of business costs?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by DSutch
Unfair comparison. Jesus and indeed Mohammed existed, unlike the suggested trade deals.

True... but the question is does Paradise exist? About as much as the promised trade deals and the extra money for the NHS, lol.
Original post by ColinDent
I have the exact opposite view to you

So... you have imaginary trade deals?
Original post by Vinny C
So... you have imaginary trade deals?

No, Mohammed and Jesus never existed but the trade deals will.
We don't all live in a make believe world like your good self.
Original post by ColinDent
No, Mohammed and Jesus never existed but the trade deals will.
We don't all live in a make believe world like your good self.

Of course they did... that talking donkey never lies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending