The Student Room Group

EPQ help

How important do you believe primary resources are in EPQ? Do I have to include any and if i dont will i lose marks?
Personally, I dont want to and i dont think my essay requires it.
If you don't think your essay requires it, don't do it! As long as you have enough secondary sources you will be fine :smile:
Original post by sujana
How important do you believe primary resources are in EPQ? Do I have to include any and if i dont will i lose marks?

I don't think you'll lose marks; I didn't have any primary sources because my topic wasn't really suitable for them. Like barror says, including plenty of secondary sources should be sufficient :smile:
Original post by sujana

Youve given us nothing to go on.
Depending on the exam board then look at the specification.
If it involves research then the identification and use of your primary evidence shows you have investigated the matter for yourself and identified what is of real significance. That might be data or documents. It show a degree of initiative and that you ahve very good researcg skills if you get it right imo.

Hard to say though as you give us no idea about the epq and it will be morwe relevant for some than others. You appear to have made your mind up.

This was from AQA 2017

"I would like to stress that whilst in some cases the collection and analysis of primary data is of great value within a project, this is not always the case. There is no requirement in the specification for primary data
collection. Many projects are very successfully undertaken using only secondary research".
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest