The Student Room Group

If poison goes out of date is it still poison or is it medication?

Just wondering
Share your thoughts
How would it be medication?
Original post by AzureCeleste
How would it be medication?

Because out of date medication is poisonous
Original post by young bison

So why would out of date poision be beneficial?????
Does poison ever have a 'use by' date?

rreally.jpg

But if out of date medication is poisonous then isn't out of date poison just more poisonous. How does poison even go out of date, poison does damage, out of date poison just does more damage?
Original post by Sapphire_Rose
But if out of date medication is poisonous then isn't out of date poison just more poisonous. How does poison even go out of date, poison does damage, out of date poison just does more damage?

But maybe over time the poison decreases leaving all the healthy components in the mixture that we can’t normally consume because it’s poisonous
sidenote, belladonna is a beautiful name for a poison lol
But maybe over time the poison decreases leaving all the healthy components in the mixture that we can’t normally consume because it’s poisonous

Don't think poison contains anything 'healthy'.

No it doesn't work like that.
Anyway the whole point of a "use by" or a "best before" date is so you know when something's gone bad. Poison is already bad so why would you need to know when it's gone off.
Original post by Sapphire_Rose
No it doesn't work like that.
Anyway the whole point of a "use by" or a "best before" date is so you know when something's gone bad. Poison is already bad so why would you need to know when it's gone off.

But how do we know that it doesn’t have a best before ? Maybe we just never bothered to find out? It’s probably wrong but it’s been on my mind recently thanks for all the responses anyway
But how do we know that it doesn’t have a best before ? Maybe we just never bothered to find out? It’s probably wrong but it’s been on my mind recently thanks for all the responses anyway

I don't think that poison does have a best before date but it probably does lose its "poisonous qualities" after a certain amount of time and by then may not work as well/ be quite as poisonous.
Reply 12
Just wondering
Share your thoughts

The things that have a use by dates are things we consume which goes bad overtime and brings negative effect to the body (e.g. food poisoning). Poison doesnt have a use by date because it's lethal to the human body, and we don't consume it in the first place because of it. Depending on the poison as time passes it generally becomes less poisonous as it starts to break down and lose their toxitiy (e.g. pesticides), and the components they break down into are more poisonous.
Just wondering
Share your thoughts

I think the poison may get weaker over time...

All Londoners live in UK hence everyone in UK lives in London. QED.
Original post by esrever
All Londoners live in UK hence everyone in UK lives in London. QED.

Lol
The logic within this chat my god
Original post by Blackcat865
The logic within this chat my god

I am gay and everyone likes me so everyone is gay

Quick Reply

Latest