The Student Room Group

Some woman is calling me a groomer for wanting to date a girl just 3 years younger?

I have posted here before that I have been chatting with a girl(whom lets call as B) on Instagram since 28th May 2023. We were in the same school but didn't know each other those days. I am 22 now in last year of college and she is in 1st year and she is 19 now so we are only 3 years apart. I am mainly asking for advice on sites whether to ask her out even though my childhood friend who is 21 turning 22 soon didn't reject me but isn't coming online yet to say when we can meet. But on another site, some woman started saying how it sounds like grooming as I am dating a teenager at 22. She then said how she got used and treated badly by a 25 year old guy when she was 19 and also had a bad relationship with a 19 year old when she was 17. She kept saying how B is still a child at 19 whereas I am an adult who is looking to control her as she is naive. I got angry and said her how we get along well and I am nice and respectful to her and she is an adult too but she kept saying how she is a child and how saying nice and respectful is predatory. Idk whether is mentally challenged but how is a small 3 year age gap between 2 college age adults grooming. I didn't even know her before she turned 19. She kept saying how she scared for her and is praying and how I sound dangerous and disgusting. Why is she saying that? Why do people infantilize young adults to the point that even a 3 year age gap between them is considered strange and even predatory?
There's nothing wrong with the age gap. This stranger's bad experiences are unfortunate but are not representative of every relationship. She's said her piece now ignore her.
Original post by Anonymous
I have posted here before that I have been chatting with a girl(whom lets call as B) on Instagram since 28th May 2023. We were in the same school but didn't know each other those days. I am 22 now in last year of college and she is in 1st year and she is 19 now so we are only 3 years apart. I am mainly asking for advice on sites whether to ask her out even though my childhood friend who is 21 turning 22 soon didn't reject me but isn't coming online yet to say when we can meet. But on another site, some woman started saying how it sounds like grooming as I am dating a teenager at 22. She then said how she got used and treated badly by a 25 year old guy when she was 19 and also had a bad relationship with a 19 year old when she was 17. She kept saying how B is still a child at 19 whereas I am an adult who is looking to control her as she is naive. I got angry and said her how we get along well and I am nice and respectful to her and she is an adult too but she kept saying how she is a child and how saying nice and respectful is predatory. Idk whether is mentally challenged but how is a small 3 year age gap between 2 college age adults grooming. I didn't even know her before she turned 19. She kept saying how she scared for her and is praying and how I sound dangerous and disgusting. Why is she saying that? Why do people infantilize young adults to the point that even a 3 year age gap between them is considered strange and even predatory?

Woke culture and a lot of MeToo movement and radical feminists have poisoned the discourse.

As long as your dates are at or over the age of seuxal consent, it's fine. 19 is totally fine age gap. Just don't go below 16 at all costs!
Reply 3
Moral of the story: ask out Girl 'B'.

Two results:

1/ She says yes, you enjoy the date, start a relationship, happy days.

2/ She says no, (or some alternative such as 'I'm not ready for a relationship or dating'), in which case, you become best friends with her if you enjoy having her in your life)
The age gap is absolutely fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending