The Student Room Group

Might have given myself food poisoning

So I had chicken in my fridge which expired today. Last night I cooked it, made it with pasta. Before cooking I could tell the chicken had a slight smell to it nothing rancid mind you but i've smelt chicken with that smell before. anyway i made sure it was cooked and today i had some and some of it tasted funny so i chucked it. Got some gi symptoms like flactuence etc not sure if they can start this soon (had it less than an hour ago) ? it didnt' expire until today so can't believe it would go bad before the expiry date.
Original post by civicpride2506
So I had chicken in my fridge which expired today. Last night I cooked it, made it with pasta. Before cooking I could tell the chicken had a slight smell to it nothing rancid mind you but i've smelt chicken with that smell before. anyway i made sure it was cooked and today i had some and some of it tasted funny so i chucked it. Got some gi symptoms like flactuence etc not sure if they can start this soon (had it less than an hour ago) ? it didnt' expire until today so can't believe it would go bad before the expiry date.
I would say visit a doctor to have a check-up. You’ll never know what you might’ve gotten + to be extra careful!
I hope you did not get food poisoning and wish you the best.

Have a lovely day!

Quick Reply

Latest