The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Just because someone may be applying to Oxbridge does not mean they get rejected from Warwick. End of.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Notebooksecrets
Just because someone may be applying to Oxbridge does not mean they get rejected from Warwick. End of.

yea i realise that it's just that ive heard that the warwick system is all over the place and it doesn't work int he most logical way because some people who have got AAA and more have been rejected from warwick but not oxbridge and i was wondering if there was a connection between the two
Reply 3
maybe the person seems too accademic and warwick prefer them to have more extra-curricular activites than they have?
hmmm maybe
I applied to Oxford, sent my application in before the deadline (obviously) and got an offer from Warwick.

I honestly think it's just a rumour (at least, where Warwick is concerned...)
I sent it in early as I was applying to Cambridge and got rejected from both. Bastards.
Reply 7
yea i realise that it's just that ive heard that the warwick system is all over the place and it doesn't work int he most logical way because some people who have got AAA and more have been rejected from warwick but not oxbridge and i was wondering if there was a connection between the two

Really, no, there isn't.

There are different admissions tutors at both institutions who will be looking for different things in an application. That's all that there really is to it.
It depends on the competitiveness of the course too. The bottom line is that there just aren't enough places even with AAA; you might get into one, the other, or neither.
most students here are oxbridge rejects. i'd have said at least half
Reply 10
Why is it that someone would get rejected with three As? What else contributes to a good application?
Kater Murr
I applied to Oxford, sent my application in before the deadline (obviously) and got an offer from Warwick.

I honestly think it's just a rumour (at least, where Warwick is concerned...)

Same here; Warwick was my first offer :smile:

Interestingly, though, I'd imagine the most popular courses, along with the likes of Economics and the like, to be Maths and/or Physics, yet my friend with a prediction of AABB got an offer for Maths with Physics. Even though at AS he only got ABBC.

I also know someone else in my year who has an offer for straight maths, who got ABDEU at AS, with predictions of AAB...
Reply 12
Back in the day, when I applied for Physics, I got my offer from Warwick within a week of applying as did the other two Oxbridge Physics applicants in my school.
abdeu?????????? loool range!!!!!!
I applied after the deadling (didnt apply to oxbridge) with AAAA and got rejected. But got in to LSE so hahaha.
Greatleysteg
Same here; Warwick was my first offer :smile:

Interestingly, though, I'd imagine the most popular courses, along with the likes of Economics and the like, to be Maths and/or Physics, yet my friend with a prediction of AABB got an offer for Maths with Physics. Even though at AS he only got ABBC.

I also know someone else in my year who has an offer for straight maths, who got ABDEU at AS, with predictions of AAB...

Warwick give out loads of offers for maths - it's just loads of people fall at the hurdle of actually meeting the offer (myself included :p: ). You'd have to have a shocking application not to receive an offer (in maths).
Reply 16
Yes, Warwick will just blanket fire out their standard application to anyone they feel has a vague chance of meeting their standard offer, happy in the knowledge that lots either won't, or will go to Cambridge instead.
I had AAA and bucket loads of ECs. I still don't know why i was rejected, but i'm not that bothered. I didn't want to go to a uni in the middle of nowhere, with people saying 'I know people that go out 4 nights a week' as if that was a lot, that put me off. Also, sports facilities were well below par for a uni of its size. Nice place, good rep, but not for me. Still doesn't answer why i got rejected... :s-smilie:
Reply 18
ObaMartins9
I had AAA and bucket loads of ECs. I still don't know why i was rejected, but i'm not that bothered. I didn't want to go to a uni in the middle of nowhere, with people saying 'I know people that go out 4 nights a week' as if that was a lot, that put me off. Also, sports facilities were well below par for a uni of its size. Nice place, good rep, but not for me. Still doesn't answer why i got rejected... :s-smilie:

4 nights a week isn't good enough? So what's a lot then, 5, 6, every night? I don't get why people feel like they have to go out every single night to have a good time.
Reply 19
Starkite
Why is it that someone would get rejected with three As? What else contributes to a good application?

There are an aweful lot of things more important than academic excellence. I applied before the deadline, but didnt apply to Oxbridge - was just organised for once! Does it matter? No it does not.

Oba - stop being bitter that you didnt get in. I hope you find a place where academic knowledge (as opposed to academic intelligence and common sence) is reveared above everything else.

Latest