The Student Room Group

Grade offers v. grades accepted

Is there some way of finding out what grades universities actually accepted for their courses (rather than what grades they asked for)? So, if a student had to get AAA for a course but actually only got AAB and so did a lot of others for the same course, maybe they still agreed to let those students onto the course, and this must have happened last year as grades were generally lower than expected. How can I find that out? I looked on Unifrog and UCAS but couldn't find anything.
yes - Hesa publish the data

Uniguide does a digest, so you can google 'Uniguide Lancaster Economics' and it will take you to the course page

Uniguide also include gender mix, international students, drop out rates etc
Reply 2
BUT - and this is very important - it cannot tell you why those people were accepted 'below offer', and it will not guarantee that this year anyone with those grades will be accepted.

So actually its all a bit pointless.
Original post by kipperdoodle
Is there some way of finding out what grades universities actually accepted for their courses (rather than what grades they asked for)? So, if a student had to get AAA for a course but actually only got AAB and so did a lot of others for the same course, maybe they still agreed to let those students onto the course, and this must have happened last year as grades were generally lower than expected. How can I find that out? I looked on Unifrog and UCAS but couldn't find anything.

This is totally pointless as it will change every year. Basically a university will await results and only then they will know hoe many students have reached their grades. If more than the number of student reach their grades they wont accept a dropped grade. If the numbers dont get met they usually accept 1 grade down. Nobody knows in advance including the university itself.

For that reason the only thing that is definite is that if you meet your offer you will be accepted. Anything else you will have to wait to find out on results day
Reply 4
Thank you. And if the offer was AAA, is A*AB accepted (same UCAS points) or the B means not accepted?
Thank you. And if the offer was AAA, is A*AB accepted (same UCAS points) or the B means not accepted?

No it isnt. Most universities especially at your grades dont use the ucas points system. You have to meet the grades offered

Not accepted automatically, but might be accepted as a near miss depending on space available (which itself depends on the results of other offer holders).
as my daughter discovered, near miss acceptance is less common in the good Unis / competitive courses

She was offered AAB +A in EPQ, got ABB +A* and rejected
Reply 9

Yes, thanks, I looked at this but it is only for “advisers” apparently who have a special log in.
Yes, thanks, I looked at this but it is only for “advisers” apparently who have a special log in.

This is due to be released to students to use "later this year"
Reply 11
Original post by PQ
This is due to be released to students to use "later this year"

Oh i see. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending