The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Probably the lower end algebraic stuff would be aimed at that grade.
yeah good algebra knowledge will get you good marks. Dont forget basic trig e.g. pythagorus, sohcahtoa
Reply 3
Will trig come up on the non calculator paper, surely not?
Reply 4
trig may come up in the test, but they will provide you with the value for sine, cosine, etc. So they might say sin 30= 0.5 so find the angle. And go onto BBC Bitesize and do the mini tests they are actually quite useful!! And also if you can revise vectors, as these will provide you with the A/A* questions, you will be given a gateway to higher marks and give you the......B !!

Hope that helps
Reply 5
Argh I really can't do vectors to save my life :/
They make no sense and seem so pointless!
BAsically everything in the CGP revision guide :smile:
Reply 7
lol...well can u do circle theorms, as these can provide good marks too?!?
Reply 8
Well to be honest, why would you want to know the stuff for an B/C grade, why not know the stuff to get to an A* or A? IMO if you work towards an A* or A and if you have a bad day you would probably end up getting a B as minimum.

EDIT: Not being rude btw:smile:
Vectors are simple: It has a size and direction, which is represented by the numbers...
Reply 10
DreamsComeTrue.
BAsically everything in the CGP revision guide :smile:

Yeah I have the CGP revision guide
Reply 11
which one isit? higher or normal?
Reply 12
1 Formula
lol...well can u do circle theorms, as these can provide good marks too?!?

I can do a couple of circle theorem ones...
such as...
angle at the centre is twice that of the angle at the edge
opposite angles of a cyclic quadrilateral add up to 180
radius and tangent meet at 90 degrees
alternate segment theorem
Reply 13
mpskitzo
Well to be honest, why would you want to know the stuff for an B/C grade, why not know the stuff to get to an A* or A? IMO if you work towards an A* or A and if you have a bad day you would probably end up getting a B as minimum.

EDIT: Not being rude btw:smile:

I suppose...I've always had this negative attitude in Maths...I really need to get rid of it lol
Reply 14
yeh thats all good...should help to get you an A not a b
Reply 15
There's still more then enough time.

Go through some past papers, available through the Edexcel website, and go through your revision guide.

Use your school textbooks as well if they are useful.
Reply 16
Is this the new course? The one were they have scrapped the intermediate tier?. If so you don't need to worry too much as half of the paper is intermediate and the other half in higher. So all you have to make sure is that you know the intermediate stuff and completely rape it in the exam. Got it!
Reply 17
How do u do question 22 on this? http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/qp-ms/AQA-3301H2-W-QP-JUN07.PDF

i dont understand their markscheme
Reply 18
hey loser 222....to do the question u have to average out the S and W values via a 2 point moving average, for example

Number of
visitors 12.7 8.6 13.2 9.5 14.8 10.3 16.3 12.0 18.1 14.2

so u take an average of 12.7 and 8.6, and then 8.6 and 13.2, and then 13.2 and 9.5, etc.

once u have done that you must plot the points on the axis provided. And as the question asks predict the number of visitors in Summer 07' you must use the trend from the graph to predict the answer. The trend here is the rise in the moving average each time and the mark scheme says the trend will take the moving average to 17, so you must choose the number which will average 17 from 14.2 and your number if that makes sense, so (14.2+ x)/2=17 and then rearrange to find x, which is 19.8.

Hope that helps :smile:
Get your Algebra up to scratch. Good Algebra can probably get you 40% of the marks.

Latest