The Student Room Group
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

Arts University Bournemouth - Student halls experiences?

Hi! I'm currently waiting to study Animation at AUB this September. I've looked through accommodations online, but couldn't find much info about experiences with the first year halls.
I don't know if AUB provides quiet zones. I would prefer more quieter rooms. I heard Madeira Road is quite popular though has simply been commented as noisy. I'm not sure about what the other halls are like (Bath Road, Winton Halls, Hurn House).
I'm wondering if any of you currently living there could tell me what they're like?
Thanks!
Original post by micarow
Hi! I'm currently waiting to study Animation at AUB this September. I've looked through accommodations online, but couldn't find much info about experiences with the first year halls.
I don't know if AUB provides quiet zones. I would prefer more quieter rooms. I heard Madeira Road is quite popular though has simply been commented as noisy. I'm not sure about what the other halls are like (Bath Road, Winton Halls, Hurn House).
I'm wondering if any of you currently living there could tell me what they're like?
Thanks!

Moved to Arts University Bournemouth
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website
have a look at Oxford point it is a private halls and sounds like a good option for you. madeira road is very noisy but is nice.
Original post by micarow
Thanks!
I was in Madeira last year and was kinda "meh" about it. It does tend to be noisy and if you are in a room facing the street instead of the motorway, you get to hear everything from everyone walking home from going out, EVERYTHING. My friend lived at Bath Road and loved it. It was quiet and honestly i really wish i had picked there instead of Madeira. Hope that helped a little!
Reply 4
Hey, just wondering if you decided what accomodation to go for? I'm studying animation too, and I'm staying at Bath Road
Reply 5
Original post by EllHanks
Hey, just wondering if you decided what accomodation to go for? I'm studying animation too, and I'm staying at Bath Road

I ended up applying for Madeira Road :s-smilie: just saw the posts on this thread now oopsie
I was paranoid about excessive noise months ago but I've figured out how to deal with it now! Bath Road sounds like a really good choice
YAY Another animation student!! :biggrin:
Reply 6
If only I had waited to see this sooner I might have picked Bath Road :frown: Ended up with Madeira anyways. I found a way to get used to noise now so it should be ok! If you could though, could you tell me how the blocks work there? I got an offer to live in block C, so not sure if that makes things any quieter :smile:
Original post by curlyavenger
I was in Madeira last year and was kinda "meh" about it. It does tend to be noisy and if you are in a room facing the street instead of the motorway, you get to hear everything from everyone walking home from going out, EVERYTHING. My friend lived at Bath Road and loved it. It was quiet and honestly i really wish i had picked there instead of Madeira. Hope that helped a little!
Reply 7
I didn't know such a nice place existed :frown: Oh well, as long as Madeira road is nice I'll be ok with it! Thanks for the suggestion :smile:
Original post by chloemassie16
have a look at Oxford point it is a private halls and sounds like a good option for you. madeira road is very noisy but is nice.
Reply 8
Woop animation! how did you get into animation then,if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending