The Student Room Group

Please help - I don't want to fail

There's less and less time until our exams start and I'm definitely starting to panic that I don't know the stuff I need to. I wasn't very organised and so am still trying to make flashcards and revision resources but for science usually I'd go through the online textbook that my teachers use (AQA on Kerboodle), summarise each lesson and then cross reference with my revision guide before making a flashcard per lesson. I don't really have time to do that anymore so if I just make notes from the revision guide am I going to fail? I'm aiming for 8s and 9s and don't know if the revision guide is going to help me get those grades. Please help!
Original post by maniccrammer
There's less and less time until our exams start and I'm definitely starting to panic that I don't know the stuff I need to. I wasn't very organised and so am still trying to make flashcards and revision resources but for science usually I'd go through the online textbook that my teachers use (AQA on Kerboodle), summarise each lesson and then cross reference with my revision guide before making a flashcard per lesson. I don't really have time to do that anymore so if I just make notes from the revision guide am I going to fail? I'm aiming for 8s and 9s and don't know if the revision guide is going to help me get those grades. Please help!

You won't fail if you write notes from the revision guide. Try to also do practice questions and use videos for topics you don't understand
For more advice, read this article I wrote https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/gcse/revision-advice-my-journey-to-11-grade-9s-and-how-to-stay-motivated
Best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 2
practice questions from papers over anything else!
there should be lots of flashcards sets on quizlet as well that you can do when you have a spare 5 mins, on the bus, before sleep etc that will help a lot

dont worry!! you're not going to fail anything! i don't know a single person who managed to complete their revision resources before exams, all that's important is going over knowledge, exam technique and keeping the momentum going.

Past papers are your best friend. Rinse through them regularly and understand what's required/the structure to pass.
Supplement that with regular revision on topics you're weak in and then your sorted.
Original post by x.emilye
You won't fail if you write notes from the revision guide. Try to also do practice questions and use videos for topics you don't understand
For more advice, read this article I wrote https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/gcse/revision-advice-my-journey-to-11-grade-9s-and-how-to-stay-motivated
Best of luck :biggrin:

Thank you! I have 2 mock exams tomorrow, some more in mid-March and then it's the real thing, and while my results are ok I'm a very anxious person and am terrified of failing which is a great help to GCSEs :smile:
Original post by sotor
practice questions from papers over anything else!
there should be lots of flashcards sets on quizlet as well that you can do when you have a spare 5 mins, on the bus, before sleep etc that will help a lot

dont worry!! you're not going to fail anything! i don't know a single person who managed to complete their revision resources before exams, all that's important is going over knowledge, exam technique and keeping the momentum going.

thank you! it can be really hard to motivate myself to work and procrastination is my best friend atm of course
Reply 6
Flashcards are a great way to learn and actually retain information. You should check out whyze. They're using AI to develop a platform that automatically turns your content into flashcards without you actually having to do the grunt work. You can check them out and sign up at whyze.co.uk :smile:
Thank you! I have 2 mock exams tomorrow, some more in mid-March and then it's the real thing, and while my results are ok I'm a very anxious person and am terrified of failing which is a great help to GCSEs :smile:

You'll be fine! It's good to be a bit worried because it means you care but stay as calm as you can and believe in yourself!

Quick Reply

Latest