The Student Room Group

I got an exit award but still want to finish my degree...What do I do next?

Hello,

I've just completed my BSc Adult Nursing course and it has been really tough and my mental health is so bad at the moment. I'm trying to recover slowly but realised that I still wanted to finish this degree. Any help and advice is much appreciated!

Background: I got an exit award as I failed a module in my 3rd year. I currently have 340 credits which is so close to the 360 requirement to graduate! I am now looking into my next options. I really want to carry on and finish this degree so please help me!

Options:
1. If I did a module/course and get the remaining 20 credits, will that be possible for me to graduate? Is it even possible to just do a specific module?
2. Or do I have to redo the whole 3rd year in another university through credit transfer? Is it possible to do just a module in Plymouth University? I'm thinking of applying to Open university or UWE but I don't mind going to another university that accepts credit transfer.
3. I have also heard of top up degrees and was wondering whether that would be better than redoing a year.
4. There's also the apprenticeship degree which apparently is similar to the third year and will get me my degree when completed. 5. Are there any other options that you guys can suggest?

I know that this is a lot and I would really appreciate any help. Thank you for your time and consideration!
(edited 6 months ago)
Only your previous university will be able to allow a top up of 20 credits.

Any other university will require you to take a minimum of 120 credits to get awarded a degree (no university will award a degree classification for 360 credits based only on you studying 20 credits with them)
Reply 2
Original post by Sbautista
Hello,

I've just completed my BSc Adult Nursing course and it has been really tough and my mental health is so bad at the moment. I'm trying to recover slowly but realised that I still wanted to finish this degree. Any help and advice is much appreciated!

Background: I got an exit award as I failed a module in my 3rd year. I currently have 340 credits which is so close to the 360 requirement to graduate! I am now looking into my next options. I really want to carry on and finish this degree so please help me!

Options:
1. If I did a module/course and get the remaining 20 credits, will that be possible for me to graduate? Is it even possible to just do a specific module?
2. Or do I have to redo the whole 3rd year in another university through credit transfer? Is it possible to do just a module in Plymouth University? I'm thinking of applying to Open university or UWE but I don't mind going to another university that accepts credit transfer.
3. I have also heard of top up degrees and was wondering whether that would be better than redoing a year.
4. There's also the apprenticeship degree which apparently is similar to the third year and will get me my degree when completed. 5. Are there any other options that you guys can suggest?

I know that this is a lot and I would really appreciate any help. Thank you for your time and consideration!

Any changes ? I wanted to know as I am also in the same situation as I have failed one of my essays.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending