The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Philosphy 7172 - P1 Epistemology and moral philosophy - 05th June 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nutella-pancakes
Oh alright! You did link it well to the question, so tbh you should get good marks as it does employ Virtue Ethics anyway!! And yes acting in accordance with duty is due to emotions and our desires, which just happens to correspond with the right action so yup pretty much corect

Original post by fiorucci
Probably not. My teacher said philosophy grade boundaries are nearly always low. He’s also guessing this year will have lower boundaries than other years because of no AS exams. Apparently before people who would usually do worse would drop after getting bad AS results so there will apparently be more ‘worse’ students doing this exam than other years. Plus imo psychology and sociology are a lot easier than philosophy and they have low grade boundaries of about 72-78% for an A*. Kinda predicting that an A* shouldn’t be any more than 75% at the very most but who knows

I do all three of them subs and I will assure u that this ppr 2 exam was *****ttttt that RMs section omg
Original post by Ilowkey788
I applied the different theories to that which may cause happiness/pleasure but is immoral I.e Lying, stealing then talked about the problems with the theories i.e individual liberties or clashing duties

For innate knowledge :
Plato’s slaveboy arguement
Leibniz necessary truths
Chomsky’s argument and the Ferrell kids as an objection
Descartes argument for God
Then as an objection
Humes fork
Locke

I did Peter Carruthers for innate knowledge. It's not on the spec but my tutor told me you'd still get credit for it.
Do you guys think this paper is also gonna be easy? I'm not ready for it ffs
nope
Original post by AlishaFelicia

I was very nervous about the last paper, but that actually went okay in the end, so I'm hoping this one's the same.
Original post by Woody01
nope

Oh 😂 Guess my A in the last paper don't mean anything then 😂😭😭
Can Epiphenomenalism Come up as a 25 marker? That's the only thing I haven't revised 😭😢☻
Can Epiphenomenalism Come up as a 25 marker? That's the only thing I haven't revised 😭😢☻

I highly doubt they'd give you a 25-marker on something that narrow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending