The Student Room Group

What are the best universities for studying International Relations?

Hey. I am currently in L6 (Year 12) and want to after I finish my A-levels go to university and study International Relations. I have looked at a few universities which are supposedly really good for studying this course. These include Oxford, UCL, King's College London, LSE, etc. However, all of these as you probably know have quite high entry requirements (A* to A). So I was wondering, whether any of you might now universities with entry requirements such as AAB, which I could use as my back-ups for my UCAS application. I am looking to stay in England, so not Scotland, Wales or Ireland. And do you know any universities which offer this course including a year abroad, preferably in Germany? Thanks already if anybody does have suggestions.

Lily
Reply 1
Original post by lily_rezepa
Hey. I am currently in L6 (Year 12) and want to after I finish my A-levels go to university and study International Relations. I have looked at a few universities which are supposedly really good for studying this course. These include Oxford, UCL, King's College London, LSE, etc. However, all of these as you probably know have quite high entry requirements (A* to A). So I was wondering, whether any of you might now universities with entry requirements such as AAB, which I could use as my back-ups for my UCAS application. I am looking to stay in England, so not Scotland, Wales or Ireland. And do you know any universities which offer this course including a year abroad, preferably in Germany? Thanks already if anybody does have suggestions.

Lily

Hey, I was looking at economics last year but have changed my mind to do maths. However here are some universities that come to mind:

Exeter: Great Reputation, Russell Group uni, nice town AAA-AAB , offers a year abroad too and I believe in Germany.
Bath: Again a really nice Campus uni, beautiful town, AAA, offers placement year but not too sure about a year abroad doing international relations.
Bristol: Offers AAA-ABB (ABB contextual offer for special cirucmstances)
Nottingham: AAB I haven't looked at Nottingham myself but always is generally quite high in the league tables.
Manchester/Bristol come to mind - I have an offer for ABB from Bristol as I attend an "aspiring state school" (you won't get this if your school is private, you'd need AAA for Politics and IR). Manchester would want AAB and is great! Another university which is really really good for Politics and IR specifically is Essex, they're ranked 33rd in the world for Politics/IR (although the university itself doesn't have that "great" of a name as it's not RG). Just depends on whether you prefer a university which is, actively good or a university with the better name.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending