The Student Room Group

Do Oxbridge look at IGCSE grades?

I didn't work as hard during my IGCSEs as I am working right now for my AS. I got 6A* 2A 1B. But I was told Oxbridge have a filter on to filter out any students without straight A's at IGCSEs. Had I known this last year I would've worked much harder. Now, the problem is that the B was in ICT; and I want to apply to Maths and Computer Science at Oxford. Today I got my results for C12 and for M1 and got 200/200 and 94/100 respectively. I would think that that shows I'm capable enough; but I'm still being told that it might be a waste of time applying to Oxford. Is this filter myth true? And also, is it true that Oxbridge don't look at resit grades? Because that's the reason why I'm not resitting ICT. Thanks in advance
I think they do, however, if your A-level grades are really good they will notice how much you improved and that you're capable, they probably won't just care about GCSEs since A-levels are much harder haha.
Reply 2
That makes sense thank you very much!

Original post by gandalfhan
I think they do, however, if your A-level grades are really good they will notice how much you improved and that you're capable, they probably won't just care about GCSEs since A-levels are much harder haha.

Quick Reply

Latest