The Student Room Group

GCU social services YEAR 2

Hi there,

I've been selected and given an offer for YEAR 2 BA social services at GCU (CALI) has anyone else received this offer?

Also, for year 2 is anyone aware of the start date for this course?

Thanks
Reply 1
Hey :smile: I got accepted at GCU too. I think I’m being put into Year 2 but they were suppose to get back to me. Although it hasn’t updated on my UCAS yet. Bit panicked over this. Has yours updated?
Hey, yes I got an offer to a bake sale yesterday about this but didn't have a proper offer. Then it came through today I'm straight into 2nd year based on I pass my current college course with an A! Don't worry, another email advised that year 2 offers had a little glitch and should be out by next week (early next week)
Are you going straight from college or what?
Original post by SWIrish
Hey :smile: I got accepted at GCU too. I think I’m being put into Year 2 but they were suppose to get back to me. Although it hasn’t updated on my UCAS yet. Bit panicked over this. Has yours updated?
Reply 3
I just emailed to see what the story was because they had to discuss whether I could get into Year 2. I just got a reply and I have an offer for Year 2 now so I’m over the moon! That means we will going into this course together. That’s if you go?

I was at uni before then left. Went to do a HNC and now I’ve taken a year out. Doing volunteering etc so I guess thats why I’m going into Year 2.
Omg go you!!!
Yes I am taking up on the offer also! That's amazing knowing I'm not going alone into 2nd year!!

Here's my email address, feel free to email me personally instead of through this and we can do this together.

[email protected]
Original post by SWIrish
I just emailed to see what the story was because they had to discuss whether I could get into Year 2. I just got a reply and I have an offer for Year 2 now so I’m over the moon! That means we will going into this course together. That’s if you go?

I was at uni before then left. Went to do a HNC and now I’ve taken a year out. Doing volunteering etc so I guess thats why I’m going into Year 2.

OMH
Hey,

I’m the same as you guys, recieved the offer through emails etc !! For 2nd year entry

Congrats xx
Awww amazing!!! Go you!!! I've left my email there feel free to email me! Well done gal!

[email protected] x
Original post by Leanne2019
Hey,

I’m the same as you guys, recieved the offer through emails etc !! For 2nd year entry

Congrats xx
Reply 7
That’s brilliant!! That’s 3 of us
Original post by Leanne2019
Hey,

Congrats xx
Reply 8
I’ve applied for year 2 but still heard nothing. Anyone know if they interview for year 2? Or is it just a yes or a no?
Hey,
As far as I'm aware it was an interview. Even for someone in Ireland their interview was Skype, but interview for GCU is usually required. At interview they said you'd hear back by 31st March, so unsure if that's the same for those who have not received interview X

I hope I'm wrong and you hear back!! X
Original post by Hj1923
I’ve applied for year 2 but still heard nothing. Anyone know if they interview for year 2? Or is it just a yes or a no?
Reply 10
Thank you, yeah I’m fully expecting a rejection from them but just wish they would let me know either way ... I’ve seen a couple who haven’t had interviews so thought it was maybe different for second year.
Original post by TeeJayTinney95
Hey,
As far as I'm aware it was an interview. Even for someone in Ireland their interview was Skype, but interview for GCU is usually required. At interview they said you'd hear back by 31st March, so unsure if that's the same for those who have not received interview X

I hope I'm wrong and you hear back!! X
Aww you never know!! A few girls in my class haven't heard back either & are hoping no news is good news! X
Original post by Hj1923
Thank you, yeah I’m fully expecting a rejection from them but just wish they would let me know either way ... I’ve seen a couple who haven’t had interviews so thought it was maybe different for second year.
Has anyone received their timetable yet? I am having trouble logging into celcat. If so could I get a rough idea of days/times, thanks x

Quick Reply

Latest