The Student Room Group
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University

Application status update

I have applied for masters program at GCU(for sept2023) three months ago but still I didn't get any updates, either it's accepted or rejected. It's only showing decision pending.Also I have submitted all required documents and passed the eligibility criteria but still no response yet. Can anyone tell me what is the meaning of this? Should I wait for an update from GCU Or I should consider other universities offers?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Prathvi
I have applied for masters program at GCU(for sept2023) three months ago but still I didn't get any updates, either it's accepted or rejected. It's only showing decision pending.Also I have submitted all required documents and passed the eligibility criteria but still no response yet. Can anyone tell me what is the meaning of this? Should I wait for an update from GCU Or I should consider other universities offers?

Best to ring them up and ask if they've made a decision on your application, or if they haven't, when you can expect a response. :yy:
City campus, Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
Best to ring them up and ask if they've made a decision on your application, or if they haven't, when you can expect a response. :yy:

Thank you. I have already done this. They just told me to wait.. nothing much.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Prathvi
Thank you. I have already done this. They just told me to wait.. nothing much.

I would begin applying to other universities. You can always withdraw from other applications if you receive an offer at one institution that you like the look of. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
I would begin applying to other universities. You can always withdraw from other applications if you receive an offer at one institution that you like the look of. :smile:

Thank you. My first preference was GCU.
Also I have received offer letters from other universities (Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh Napier University, Glasgow Strathclyde University) so now instead of waiting for update from GCU I think I should consider them.
Original post by Prathvi
Thank you. My first preference was GCU.
Also I have received offer letters from other universities (Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh Napier University, Glasgow Strathclyde University) so now instead of waiting for update from GCU I think I should consider them.
Oh I see.

Then ring up GCU, explain that you have received offers to study at other universities so if they don't make a decision by Friday you'll be going elsewhere. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17
Oh I see.

Then ring up GCU, explain that you have received offers to study at other universities so if they don't make a decision by Friday you'll be going elsewhere. :smile:

Yaah, Okyz. Tomorrow I will contact them. Now this is the best (last)option for me.. Thank you 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending