Scroll to see replies

What are the best tips for revising the speaking, I’m really struggling
no
Original post by oliviaia
Do you lose marks for asking repete sil vous plait in the role play
same here
Original post by Dodgy_Bangout101
I am confidently firming a U in french
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my speaking exam is tomorrow, dreading it, worst of all it is first thing. Revised and stuff, learnt script but still don't feel ready. I will never be ready to do a speaking exam. I know that the closer I get to the exam, the more worried I will feel, at this rate I will have to walk into the exam and ask my teacher if they have a spare pair of trousers. Ok, maybe I exaggerated that bit, but the rest, the rest is just ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Reply 44
guys i did the exam!!!!! apart from the initial mind-boggling stress it actually went really well, i'm so happy right now!!! now onto german... goddammit.
Reply 45
hey bro, massive good luck to you! im one of the most anxious people but i managed to get through the exam, just know that when you're in the heat of the moment you forget about the stress and just think about the french!!! bad advice but from someone who did well today to someone is going to do well, good luck :smile:
Original post by fish finger fan
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my speaking exam is tomorrow, dreading it, worst of all it is first thing. Revised and stuff, learnt script but still don't feel ready. I will never be ready to do a speaking exam. I know that the closer I get to the exam, the more worried I will feel, at this rate I will have to walk into the exam and ask my teacher if they have a spare pair of trousers. Ok, maybe I exaggerated that bit, but the rest, the rest is just ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Since u offered, do u have any tips for the photocard? Like useful phrases to use to impress examiner, or just general tips? Anything would be much appreciated!
Original post by sqrt of 5
Guys if you need any help or tips let me know :smile: french is the only subject I can actually do without any problems lol
Original post by bika
hey bro, massive good luck to you! im one of the most anxious people but i managed to get through the exam, just know that when you're in the heat of the moment you forget about the stress and just think about the french!!! bad advice but from someone who did well today to someone is going to do well, good luck :smile:

Thank you so much for the support, and well done on doing well in your speaking.
Reply 48
Original post by AvoLife
Since u offered, do u have any tips for the photocard? Like useful phrases to use to impress examiner, or just general tips? Anything would be much appreciated!

I haven't done my speaking, but you could use subjunctive phrases eg Quelque soit le prix (Whatever the price) or Je m'attends qu'il soit... (I'm expecting it to be...). Try to use idioms too, for example J'ai la flemme (I can't be bothered), etre aux anges (to be happy), ce n'est pas mon truc (it's not my thing), faire froid dans le dos (gives you the creeps; send shivers down your spine).

I’ve got mine tomorrow and I have to get there for 8.25 😫😬 But I’m kinda glad it’s first thing so I’m not worrying about it all day! I’ve tried to learn my answers and it was going all right until I had someone actually test me on them, my pronunciation is awful 🤦🏼*♀️ Good luck, just think this time tomorrow we’ll have it over and done with and will never have to do a speaking exam again (well unless you’re doing it for a level lol)

I feel the exact same, mine's tomorrow too...I screwed
Thank you so much, this is really useful! In what context would you use the phrase "quelque soit le prix"? Bonne chance pour ton examen d'orale!
Original post by Anthos
I haven't done my speaking, but you could use subjunctive phrases eg Quelque soit le prix (Whatever the price) or Je m'attends qu'il soit... (I'm expecting it to be...). Try to use idioms too, for example J'ai la flemme (I can't be bothered), etre aux anges (to be happy), ce n'est pas mon truc (it's not my thing), faire froid dans le dos (gives you the creeps; send shivers down your spine).
Je ferai ma l'orale dans trois semaines, mais - maintenant, je suis heuereuse. J'ai acompplisé grade 7!
Original post by imogen28
I’ve got mine tomorrow and I have to get there for 8.25 😫😬 But I’m kinda glad it’s first thing so I’m not worrying about it all day! I’ve tried to learn my answers and it was going all right until I had someone actually test me on them, my pronunciation is awful 🤦🏼*♀️ Good luck, just think this time tomorrow we’ll have it over and done with and will never have to do a speaking exam again (well unless you’re doing it for a level lol)

Original post by tobster2002
I feel the exact same, mine's tomorrow too...I screwed

Good luck to both of you, I'm sure that they will go great.

To everyone on this forum, we can do this, we will do this.
Reply 54
Original post by AvoLife
Thank you so much, this is really useful! In what context would you use the phrase "quelque soit le prix"? Bonne chance pour ton examen d'orale!

I think you would use it to show that you'd do something no matter what. Eg J'irai en France, quel que soit le prix (I will go to France, no matter the price). I looked it up, and "quel que soit le/la..." means "whatever the ....". Here are some examples: https://context.reverso.net/traduction/francais-anglais/Quel+que+soit+le
Great, thanks so much
Original post by Anthos
I think you would use it to show that you'd do something no matter what. Eg J'irai en France, quel que soit le prix (I will go to France, no matter the price). I looked it up, and "quel que soit le/la..." means "whatever the ....". Here are some examples: https://context.reverso.net/traduction/francais-anglais/Quel+que+soit+le
Original post by AvoLife

hey there :smile:
for the first question aqa said that you can literally say "il y a..." for 3 times so go for it because you'll still get marks. i'd suggest saying 3/4 things only because remember you need to show off your vocab and structure for the other questions so dont spend much time on that

for the other question if you are doing higher aqa is going to ask something about: future plans (theme 3), marriage future plans/agree disagree why (theme 1) and idk about theme 2 because i chose theme 2 for my general convo. therefore, you need to make sure you are able to use both the present and the future confidentially e.g. "dans le futur" "quand je suis plus grand", "apres avoir fini mes examenes...", "dans l'avenir" - these are some sentence starter in the future. i'd suggest using "apres avoir fini [say what you are going to finish] cet ete, je voudrais etudier les langues viventes au premiere et terminal (which is sixth form in french so USE IT because no one does!) or for future jobs - more reve est de travailler/etudier ... car/parce que j'aime le contact avec les gens and remember to give opinion always! or at least try.

something else you could use: il n'y a ni [insert something] ni [insert something else] dans mon lycee - ni...ni is neither
- noun nous sommes amusés ensemble - we had fun
-si je reussi mes examenes cet ete j'etuderai - if i pass my exams this summer i will study. notice it's will and not going to so use this one as well. in this phrase you got a condition + future
-mes parents veulent que j'aille - my parents want me to go... this is subjective so use it and remember that veulent is pronounced "voll"
- c'est ne pas mon truc - not my thing + remember to give an opinion

remember you can also say a positive and a negative thing - j'adore mon frere cadette parce que il m'aide quand je suis triste mais malheureusement (unfortunately/sadly) il m'énerve (he gets on my nerve) + put time adverbial e.g from time to time, sometimes etc..

if you need more help plz dm me
i havent use any accent cuz i cant be bothered to use them lol so make sure you check where the accent is to nail the pronunciation
It was honestly fine, to anyone doing it don’t worry about it! (Like I did 😂🙊)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 59
No, however if you use it too frequently then it could affect marks you gain for fluency.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending