The Student Room Group

Soas Japanese communications Diploma

Hey all,

Ive got an interview for the Japanese Certificate & Diploma and was wandering if any current or ex students had any advice?

Hoping to do this course and progress onto the degree
Original post by ZainKuratani
Hey all,

Ive got an interview for the Japanese Certificate & Diploma and was wandering if any current or ex students had any advice?

I didn't even know this was a thing but it looks really exciting! I haven't done the course, nor have I done any courses at the language centre but I'm studying BA Korean at SOAS so I know how the degree works and what it's like if you have any questions :smile: As for interview advice, SOAS always made it very clear to us for our uni applications that the most important things they're looking for are passion and drive. Don't be worried about showing extensive knowledge of Japanese or Japan itself, but focus on showing that you're interested and dedicated to the course. They know that the most difficult thing about languages (especially ones this difficult, and from scratch) is finding motivation when it gets tough, so you'll need to prove to them that you have a strong enough drive and won't give up
Reply 2
Original post by ZainKuratani
Hey all,

Hello,

Could you tell me if you chose to do the course in the end, and how everything went? I have looked for feedback from students here at TSR but have been unable to find anything. Thank you so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending