The Student Room Group

wanting to do a level math with a grade 5

I am currently in year 11 and I am wanting to go to a college or sixth form and study a level maths alongside business and design technology in my mocks I got a 5 doing the foundation paper for maths, the entry requirements for most of the schools for the subject a level maths are grades 6 I can't stress to you enough how badly I want to do a level maths and how hard I'm gonna work the only downside is that I've been working on the foundation paper for too long its too late to switch papers to higher also considering there are 2 weeks left until my exam, please give me some advice...
PS I can't find any colleges that have an entry grade for a level maths lower than 6 so I'm kinda stuck really.
(edited 4 years ago)
Ik someone who does A level maths with a 5 and is on a B/A rn so its possible if you put the work in
I can definitely put the work in but I'm just gonna keep getting told to "go away" by other colleges because the won't accept me for getting a 5 plus every school I look at doesn't have an entry grade below 6 for a level maths...
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Ik someone who does A level maths with a 5 and is on a B/A rn so its possible if you put the work in
I'm in the exact same position as you
Most Colleges think that 5 is too low of a grade to do an A level in that subject as you will struggle in it. A levels are really demanding. But with determination you can do anything and I believe that because you’re so passionate you can do it. Try and prove to the college you apply to that you really really will try you’re best and really want to do it. I got into literature with a 5 in GCSE lit (because of a mental breakdown in the exam) and am in my second year of A levels. Some colleges can look at entries in an individual basis and the requirements aren’t always so rigid.

Quick Reply

Latest