The Student Room Group

Revison

I have always been able to focus on my revision, when I have done mock exams I have always been able to knuckle down and work. Now I get to my real GCSEs and I am struggling to focus for more than 10 minutes. My exams start on Monday and I am trying to go over my notes but my mind just ends up drifting else were or I will end up on my phone for no reason whatsoever. What do I do??
(edited 4 years ago)
I’m in the same boat man. I’m just looking for a job that doesnt need qualifications
Original post by Louise482
I have always been able to focus on my revision, when I have done mock exams I have always been able to knuckle down and work. Now I get to my real GCSEs and I am struggling to focus for more than 10 minutes. My exams start on Monday and I am trying to go over my notes but my mind just ends up drifting else were or I will end up on my phone for no reason whatsoever. What do I do??

I would say give your mobile to your parents or keep it in a drawer.
Change the place where you study.
Listen to some soft music and try this method, study for 20 minutes and then take 5 min break.
youve answered your own question. just put your phone away..
Reply 4
I recommend looking for a job such as a waitress or a KP (kitchen porter), this way you don't need qualifications but can get paid a decent amount if money as well as gaining experience too
Original post by Sepslither
I’m in the same boat man. I’m just looking for a job that doesnt need qualifications
However, one needs skill for even that, some level of qualification, you need to be efficient, good with communication skills.....
I recommend looking for a job such as a waitress or a KP (kitchen porter), this way you don't need qualifications but can get paid a decent amount if money as well as gaining experience too

thank you! I’ll look into waiter jobs. I’m probably gonna fail English lmao. Maths I know I’ll pass because in both mocks I got a grade 6. Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending