The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Science (Biology) Paper 1 1BI0 1H - 14 May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

my friend jacob small is homo he cried in the test because of that question

Original post by Ixmxhmxd
That was a blessed paper man but how were we meant to explain the first 6 marker without sounding homophobic😂
Anyone else completely **** to the paper? Keep seeing everyone saying how easy it was and I’ve just gone home and cried x
Lol that was ez no Q's on osmosis, diffusion or active transport
Reply 63
I thought it was a good paper and I’m really happy with how it wen but I now think paper two will be really hard
Original post by SkaterMater
mate protein synthesis is paper 2

Depends on the board Edexcel hve it in paper 1
Nah you’ve ****ed it lol, an infected mother transfers the sti to her fœtus through her blood not ****in sexual fluids,
Original post by enzymeeaters
i talked about using sterile needles, antibiotics, screening blood tranfusions
and it's necessary to reduce the number of people as sexual bodily fluids can spread to offspring during birth, so its best to reduce it initally
Anyone think grade boundries will go up quiet a lot considering that it was easy? like 10 marks max or 5?
(edited 4 years ago)
Anyone did the IGCSE ? finished mine and having mixed feelings. part of me says it was easy, but I ****ed the 6 markers. need to deeply revise for paper 2 now!
OMG which one was that?! I hope I haven't missed a question :frown:
That was a blessed paper man but how were we meant to explain the first 6 marker without sounding homophobic😂
Gonorrheoa 6 marker ...you had to talk about the STDI
Original post by DaQuestioner
OMG which one was that?! I hope I haven't missed a question :frown:
Oh... phew :smile: I did that. Thanks for reminding me
Gonorrheoa 6 marker ...you had to talk about the STDI
1. How to stop gonorrhoea spread.
2. How to get it across to the public
3. Why should it be down? (talk about government spending things like that)

(Original post by Fatfarawla)
Nah you’ve ****ed it lol, an infected mother transfers the sti to her fœtus through her blood not ****in sexual fluids,
Reply 72
Original post by mrosi69
I thought it was a good paper and I’m really happy with how it wen but I now think paper two will be really hard

I agree 🥴
Reply 73
most of that paper was reading off graphs tho i felt like i was in geography or something
Ngl I think I got like 80/100
That test was way to easy
Reply 75
I think it will go up cuz last years grade boundaries was low so yh probably it will
Original post by userofusername
Anyone think grade boundries will go up quiet a lot considering that it was easy? like 10 marks max or 5?
That’s so trueee! My paper was me teaching the examiners to use condoms and to control their semen😬😬
That’s so trueee! My paper was me teaching the examiners to use condoms and to control their semen😬😬

W
6 marker on blood groups was easy af
Original post by talise.2625
Wold make sense tbh. I have no predictions, but a question. I'm doing IGCSE bio. do you think you may have an idea on what might be needed out of 180 to get a pass? any grade boundary predictions ?

Wasn't the paper out of 110 for you? And for last year it was 53/200 for a pass so I'm assuming around 50 for a pass

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending