The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Religious Studies - Christianity and Islam Papers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dividingjem2
Barzakh is a good point but I don’t think there is a lot to write about

yeah, i was definitely struggling. bashed out something about hajj not being as useful as understanding the quran on a deeper and more spirtual level so that when the angels would test you during barzakh, you had more of a chance of getting it right and reaching al-jannah.

the khutba one threw my class off majorly ngl, we all left looking like variations of ?????
Aha same that was the one question I just gave up on lmao. I said hajj was important because allah states that to get into heaven you have to go on obligatory pilgrimage and then as my other point I spoke about the importance of sawm and the effects on believers

Original post by jscgr
yeah, i was definitely struggling. bashed out something about hajj not being as useful as understanding the quran on a deeper and more spirtual level so that when the angels would test you during barzakh, you had more of a chance of getting it right and reaching al-jannah.

the khutba one threw my class off majorly ngl, we all left looking like variations of ?????
Reply 22
Aha same that was the one question I just gave up on lmao. I said hajj was important because allah states that to get into heaven you have to go on obligatory pilgrimage and then as my other point I spoke about the importance of sawm and the effects on believers

aha around 12/18 people in my class wrote about qibla instead (me included), 4 didn't even answer the question and as far as i'm aware, two got it on the dot? but good luck, you seem to have answered it really well!! hopefully we've all done better than we think (: (also praying for low grade boundaries)
Yeah some of us struggled while others did well but Islam was quite solid so I think the grade boundaries will be low. Good luck to you aswell sure you’ve done great

Original post by jscgr
aha around 12/18 people in my class wrote about qibla instead (me included), 4 didn't even answer the question and as far as i'm aware, two got it on the dot? but good luck, you seem to have answered it really well!! hopefully we've all done better than we think (: (also praying for low grade boundaries)
Original post by LVTS
Hey,

Who else took the Christianity and Islam Papers from OCR today? I found one of the questions impossible as I've never heard of the word before.

have u done the islam and christianity paper for gcse today for ocr eduqas?
Reply 25
My Exam Board is OCR. I've not heard of Eduqas before.
Original post by ole gunnar
have u done the islam and christianity paper for gcse today for ocr eduqas?
I found the exam okay but I feel like I didn’t do great?? Like as you guys already said the questions on the Islam paper were worded really weirdly. The first 15 marker on Allah being understood as fair and just I found a bit weird to be a 15 marker and the Hajj one was also a bit weird but I’m not sure if I did it right. I think Christianity was definitely easier than islam for sure. I just hope next weeks exam isn’t too hard...
Reply 27
I 100% agree with you there. I definitely did a lot better in the Christianity Paper compared to the Islam one. I did not understand the question about Allah being understood as fair and didn't write enough because of it. I'm just praying to get as close to full marks on everything else but I know that isn't going to happen :frown:
Original post by Lovethyneighbour
I found the exam okay but I feel like I didn’t do great?? Like as you guys already said the questions on the Islam paper were worded really weirdly. The first 15 marker on Allah being understood as fair and just I found a bit weird to be a 15 marker and the Hajj one was also a bit weird but I’m not sure if I did it right. I think Christianity was definitely easier than islam for sure. I just hope next weeks exam isn’t too hard...

Me too! I'm just grateful there weren't many questions which involved keywords. That would have ruined me lmao
Reply 29
That's very true! I was thinking about that earlier and how I probably wouldn't have written anything lol
Original post by JesusFanGirl69
Me too! I'm just grateful there weren't many questions which involved keywords. That would have ruined me lmao
I mean the grade boundaries last year were quite low so even if they increase they still won’t be extremely high
Original post by LVTS
I 100% agree with you there. I definitely did a lot better in the Christianity Paper compared to the Islam one. I did not understand the question about Allah being understood as fair and didn't write enough because of it. I'm just praying to get as close to full marks on everything else but I know that isn't going to happen :frown:
OMG if there were keywords I didn’t know I would’ve died!! I was on quizlet on Sunday night just trying to cram in as many keywords as I could so I’m glad they didn’t come up
Reply 32
That's very true. But also with it being the second year with the new 9-1 GCSE's my teacher said that the grade boundaries might go up. I guess we'll just have to hope!
I mean the grade boundaries last year were quite low so even if they increase they still won’t be extremely high
Yeah they will probably go up unless we all did really badly 😂 my teacher said they will go down and I’m like “uh no they won’t they normally go up”
Original post by LVTS
That's very true. But also with it being the second year with the new 9-1 GCSE's my teacher said that the grade boundaries might go up. I guess we'll just have to hope!
OMG if there were keywords I didn’t know I would’ve died!! I was on quizlet on Sunday night just trying to cram in as many keywords as I could so I’m glad they didn’t come up

Ahaha same! By the sound of it everyone struggled with the 15 marker so i wouldn't be to concerned with it. some papers are harder than others and the grade boundaries will reflect that. Good luck with the ethics exam; hopefully it'll be a bit better!
Yeah good luck to you too!!
Ahaha same! By the sound of it everyone struggled with the 15 marker so i wouldn't be to concerned with it. some papers are harder than others and the grade boundaries will reflect that. Good luck with the ethics exam; hopefully it'll be a bit better!
Reply 36
I think i did better in Christianity than islam
Yeah I agree the questions for parts e of Islam confused me
Also i’m worried that I didn’t include sources of wisdom and stuff like that
Reply 37
Yeah, I'm also worried I didn't include enough Sources of Wisdom and Authority. Good Luck!
Original post by y14ba
I think i did better in Christianity than islam
Yeah I agree the questions for parts e of Islam confused me
Also i’m worried that I didn’t include sources of wisdom and stuff like that
Did you do themes paper today anyone I can't seem to find anythjng on the student room about it and I wanna find out how people find it
Original post by jscgr

Reply 39
Did you do themes paper today anyone I can't seem to find anythjng on the student room about it and I wanna find out how people find it

i did the philosophy paper today yeah for ocr rs in the christian perspective! i think the family and relationships quarter went well, but the other three i'm not so sure about. i was a bit shocked seeing as the three markers seemed more difficult to me than the six markers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending