The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Computer Science J276 - Computational Thinking (Paper 2) - 16th May 2019

This thread covers the following paper:
Thu 16 May @ 13:00pm [1hr 30mins]
OCR GCSE Computer Science - Computational Thinking [J276/2]

The official specification for this paper is https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/225975...ience-j276.pdf

Sample practice papers are located at https://www.ocr.org.uk/qualification...16/assessment/
Reply 1
@Evil Homer

Please add to the GCSE list :smile:
How was paper 1?
I found it quite easy although I had some difficulties with the compression question.

Original post by troync3
@Evil Homer

Please add to the GCSE list :smile:
Reply 3
Anyone got an idea for the topics coming up on paper 2
Ahhh help me im not ready paper 2 is always my worst
Reply 5
THE COMPRESSION QUESTION AND PSEUDOCODE PISSED ME OFF!!! there was only a tiny secrtion on compression in the book, later realising that theres a whole page about compression in paper 2 and the pseudocode was confusing and put me off. i did not like the website and url question either.
Original post by ilansiva30
How was paper 1?
I found it quite easy although I had some difficulties with the compression question.
Reply 6
It is pretty unfair about the timing of the papers tho
Reply 7
pseudocode question answer was:
messageLength - 1
count
ASCIIValue
ASCIIValue
newMessage
Reply 8
Wtf, isn’t paper 2 meant to be the hardest. It seems like OCR is taking a different direction in their assessment of the specification. Also I checked and have seen that the Caesar cipher pseudocode is not on the specification. Or at least at the moment...
Reply 9
Ikr it wasn't even that hard!!!
Original post by ollytp
wtf, isn’t paper 2 meant to be the hardest. It seems like ocr is taking a different direction in their assessment of the specification. Also i checked and have seen that the caesar cipher pseudocode is not on the specification. Or at least at the moment...
Paper 2 was way easier than paper 1 i counted at least 50-60 marks gained from paper 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending