The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm in the middle of completing my initial application also. Have you attempted the aptitude test yet? I was wondering if I'm applying for both the SO and DP positions, will I be required to complete two tests or just the higher level? If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated.
Reply 2
You’ll have to do both tests so give yourself plenty of time. Also you don’t get the link to the tests until at least the next working day so take this into consideration. I wouldn’t wait until the last minute especially if you’re doing 6 40 min tests
Original post by rsmyth68
I'm in the middle of completing my initial application also. Have you attempted the aptitude test yet? I was wondering if I'm applying for both the SO and DP positions, will I be required to complete two tests or just the higher level? If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated.
Reply 3
Ahh, that's good to know! Thanks, hoping to get the application away today so that should give me enough time. Good luck with yours!
Reply 4
I’m guessing a lot of people are trying to submit at the same time, they have extended he deadline by 24 hrs to noon tomorrow
Reply 5
79000 applications submitted and loads of multiple ones. Process is a joke. People cheating etc. Not worth the hassle.
Reply 6
That's really jumped in less than a week, there was 10,000 for each as of last Wednesday - but then people tend to wait until the last minute, hence the system crashing. I would be shocked if there was less than 30,000 genuine application considering there was 16k for the AO and you actually needed some qualifications for that one
Original post by Pmakgreb
79000 applications submitted and loads of multiple ones. Process is a joke. People cheating etc. Not worth the hassle.
Reply 7
How do you know how many people applied? Also, does anyone know when we’ll get results from online tests?
Reply 8
Loads of rumours going around work about how many applied, a couple more reliable sources have it at far less than what’s mentioned on here. Someone will put in an FOI for figures.

The first assessment centre is due for 10 June so you’d have to get the results at the latest 3 June
Original post by Ogt
How do you know how many people applied? Also, does anyone know when we’ll get results from online tests?
Reply 9
Ok thanks for the info. Do you happen to know the amount of SO and DP jobs? Did you apply for both?
Reply 10
Yes applied for both, someone in my office put in an FOI and there’s 300 or 350 DP jobs (can’t remember which) but that was as of a number of weeks ago. There’s quite a demand for so and dp at the minute and there’s been movement with DPs getting promoted to G7. I imagine they’ll be continuous jobs from this campaign for the next while
Original post by Ogt
Ok thanks for the info. Do you happen to know the amount of SO and DP jobs? Did you apply for both?
Reply 11
Has anyone heard back yet from the tests?
Reply 12
Nothing - I would think it must be soon. The pass mark needs to be set and then the sift on the remaining candidates needs to happen. Surely that must be soon when the first assessment centre is on 10th June.
Do you think we’ll hear back from tests before sift results?
Reply 13
I say they’ll wait until after the sifts and you’ll get the invite/dear john/results at the same time. I haven’t heard about any delay in the assessment centre so should hear by Friday
Check the site again, 4,334 SO applications and 3,070 DP applications, I rang and asked about assessment results and they said that they hoped it'd be Friday (31/05/19), someone else ring and pester them and see if this is confirmed yet.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
Great news but hr connect are not doing the sift, it’s an external company so dunno how beneficial it is to pester them. They’ll just get an update when the company running the campaign sends through the info
Original post by Phones99
Check the site again, 4,334 SO applications and 3,070 DP applications, I rang and asked about assessment results and they said that they hoped it'd be Friday (31/05/19), someone else ring and pester them and see if this is confirmed yet.
Reply 16
Where are you seeing the amount of applications? I didn’t realise you could see the number!
Original post by Phones99
Reply 17
That’s strange an external company are doing the sifts, do they not have to be done by someone of the same grade or higher than you’re applying for?
Original post by aidry
Great news but hr connect are not doing the sift, it’s an external company so dunno how beneficial it is to pester them. They’ll just get an update when the company running the campaign sends through the info
How do you know that HRConnect aren't doing the Sift?

Not doubting you just querying as I had contacted HRConnect last week to clarify how they would issue the results and they replied that they hadn't finalised it at that stage, and then when I rang they said that they were unsure of when they were out but they were aiming for Friday, both replies implied to me that they are doing it rather than an external company, would've expected a much less committal answer if it was external. (although I would be 95% sure the assessment centre will be through an external company, so anyone with friends in PWC / Deloitte get asking :wink:)
Original post by aidry
Reply 19
I’m a fixed termer in the dept that is in charge of the recruitment. Neither pwc or Deloitte doing the sift I’m afraid lol. Whilst the external will be helping run the assessment centres the panel will be made up of NICS staff.

Ogt the panel will consist of people in a higher grade the reason I think they went external for the sift is speed, the g7 comp took over a year for people to apply and get in post, this is a much quicker process thank goodness
(edited 4 years ago)