The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brummel
Just noticed this FoI response which was posted on DoF website last week.

DOF/2020-0390
IRC241560 - Deputy Principal
1. How many candidates were interviewed or will be interviewed under the following phases:
Phase 1
Phase 2
Phase 3

DoF Response
Phase 1 238 candidates attended for interview
Phase 2 293 candidates attended for interview
Phase 3 It is intended that 1095 candidates will be invited to the Phase 3 assessment centres. To date, 507 candidates have attended for interview during Phase 3.

They previously posted that 2,513 candidates passed the initial tests for the DP competition so it is now clear that -

817 candidates were sifted out (33%)
1,696 candidates were/will be* invited to ACs (67%)

1,035 candidates attended ACs in tranches 1 - 4 (78% of those invited)
533 candidates were successful in tranches 1 - 4 (51% of those who attended)

*Approx 365 invites remain for tranche 5 (1095/3).

It says phase 3 invited 1095 candidates and 507 have been through AC, that leaves 588 people?

None of us know how many more ppl will actually attend.

One thing for certain is, this process will not be over in January as planned unfortunately!!!

Let's hope they press ahead, lockdown until 5 March, but surely with the measures in place at AC and the fact that these DP roles are for key areas of service, should be enough to continue.

I didn't encounter a single soul bar my invigilator who kept her distance and was with me for about 5 mins total THE WHOLE time.

Here's hoping.
Has anyone who got an email last week to tell them they have passed received their merit score yet?
Original post by MichyH1
It says phase 3 invited 1095 candidates and 507 have been through AC, that leaves 588 people?

None of us know how many more ppl will actually attend.

One thing for certain is, this process will not be over in January as planned unfortunately!!!

Let's hope they press ahead, lockdown until 5 March, but surely with the measures in place at AC and the fact that these DP roles are for key areas of service, should be enough to continue.

I didn't encounter a single soul bar my invigilator who kept her distance and was with me for about 5 mins total THE WHOLE time.

Here's hoping.

The 1095 candidates being invited in phase 3 was divided into 3 tranches lasting 3 weeks each so 365 candidates were invited to tranche 3, a further 365 candidates were invited to tranche 4 (hence a total of 730 were invited to tranches 3 & 4 combined) and the remaining 365 candidates have been / will be invited to tranche 5 which started in December but has now been postponed due to lockdown.

I imagine tranche 5 will not resume and be completed until after lockdown is eased in March or April? In the meantime any vacancies that need filled urgently can be filled by other methods such as temporary promotions or trawls.

The figure of 507 most likely refers to the number of candidates who actually attended and completed the ACs in tranches 3 and 4 combined. In other words out of the 730 invited to tranches 3 & 4, only 507 turned up to complete the AC.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Moewalsh82
Has anyone who got an email last week to tell them they have passed received their merit score yet?

Nothing as yet. I'm sure it will be out soon enough though.
Original post by Brummel
The 1095 candidates being invited in phase 3 was divided into 3 tranches lasting 3 weeks each so 365 candidates were invited to tranche 3, a further 365 candidates were invited to tranche 4 (hence a total of 730 were invited to tranches 3 & 4 combined) and the remaining 365 candidates have been / will be invited to tranche 5 which started in December but has now been postponed due to lockdown.

I imagine tranche 5 will not resume and be completed until after lockdown is eased in March or April? In the meantime any vacancies that need filled urgently can be filled by other methods such as temporary promotions or trawls.

The figure of 507 most likely refers to the number of candidates who actually attended and completed the ACs in tranches 3 and 4 combined. In other words out of the 730 invited to tranches 3 & 4, only 507 turned up to complete the AC.

Brummel , do you know during this lockdown will they proceed with making formal post offers to the DP's which passed tranche 4 - are all of tranche 3 DP's placed now? I probably asked this before, do you know if there will be sufficient posts available for those in DP tranche 4 and potentially even DP tranche 5 ? cheers for the info!
Got my merit list position today for staff officer says i am 49? That 353 completed the assessment centre and 170 passed.

So i am 49/170?

Anyone any idea what this means for getting offered a role?
Original post by Gman10001
Brummel , do you know during this lockdown will they proceed with making formal post offers to the DP's which passed tranche 4 - are all of tranche 3 DP's placed now? I probably asked this before, do you know if there will be sufficient posts available for those in DP tranche 4 and potentially even DP tranche 5 ? cheers for the info!

Most, if not all of those on the DP tranche 3 list should now have received an offer & many have already started in their new posts or are starting soon. I would be surprised if anyone on this list is still awaiting an offer as the results issued on 28 October. However the issuing of offers has been slow and most DP tranche 3 offers only issued in Dec & Jan.

It seems HRC are currently working to issue offers to the tranche 3 SOs and also the feedback and merit position emails for the tranche 4 SOs who received their results last week. Only a small number of tranche 3 SOs have received offers so far and it may take another week or two to get those offers all issued. I doubt HRC will start working on issuing tranche 4 DP offers until they have finished all this however there are definitely enough DP vacancies for all on the DP tranche 4 list but realistically offers are unlikely to issue before Feb.
Original post by FrozenLink
Got my merit list position today for staff officer says i am 49? That 353 completed the assessment centre and 170 passed.

So i am 49/170?

Very well done FrozenLink you are quite high up your merit list. I think you are on the tranche 4 SO list and it has been taking 2/3 months to issue offers to previous lists so you will probably not hear anything further until March/April.
Original post by Macatack
Nothing as yet. I'm sure it will be out soon enough though.

Literally just got email through. Wonder how long we will be waiting before any offers are made?!
Original post by FrozenLink

So i am 49/170

Thats amazing. I am further down #96 but still pleased. I really wasnt expecting to pass so anythinga a bonus. Well done!
Reply 2230
Well done everyone! I got in the top 20. Absolutely shocked!
Reply 2231
Just wondering does anyone know if there are enough SO posts for our tranche? The email says "will be offered a post in due course"
Original post by NK89
Just wondering does anyone know if there are enough SO posts for our tranche? The email says "will be offered a post in due course"

There are enough current vacancies for all tranche 3 & 4 SOs and for all tranche 4 DPs.
Reply 2233
Original post by Brummel
There are enough current vacancies for all tranche 3 & 4 SOs and for all tranche 4 DPs.

How do you know this Brummel. Do you work in NICS HR?
I’d also like to know how you know this Brummel?
I don’t care where you work Brummel- keep the info coming 😀
DP Position

Demand 360 posts
1st list 119 on list majority offers out and candidates started or starting shortly (approx. 60-70% internal candidates)
2nd list 151 on list finalising no offers out yet is being worked through

SO Position

Demand 460
1st list 145 on list and offers sent out last week
2nd list 170 haven’t yet started to work through this list but will commence shortly
Original post by MaxPower23
DP Position

Demand 360 posts
1st list 119 on list majority offers out and candidates started or starting shortly (approx. 60-70% internal candidates)

SO Position

Demand 460
2nd list 170 haven’t yet started to work through this list but will commence shortly

Just FYI, not all offers have been sent from the first list. I don’t know numbers, but some are yet to receive an offer.
Original post by MaxPower23
DP Position

Demand 360 posts

SO Position

Demand 460

From what I have gleaned, this is accurate regarding current demand for both grades however not all offers have issued yet for tranche 3 SOs - I expect these will issue soon and then tranche 4 folks will hopefully all hear something in February or early March.

For those in the postponed final tranche 5, after all the tranche 3 & 4 folks have been posted, it looks as though there may be up to 100 DP vacancies remaining and up to 250 SO vacancies remaining.
(edited 3 years ago)
Do you know if they plan to run another competition after this Brummel?

Latest

Trending

Trending