The Student Room Group

WJEC EDUQAS A-Level Religious Studies Topic Predictions 2019

Scroll to see replies

what do guys think will come up for ethics? super stressed
maybe ethical egoism and meta ethics
Original post by kat-2728
hopefully. my teacher thinks john finnis natural law might come up since proportionalism came up last year but idk
I haven't even started revising for ethics im still doing philosophy revision for tuesdays exam. I dont know how im going to pass
Original post by kat-2728
Don’t worry at all I’m pretty sure we’re all doing the same (at least I am lol). We defo have sufficient time, just focus on the near future :smile:
Original post by hannahmajid
I haven't even started revising for ethics im still doing philosophy revision for tuesdays exam. I dont know how im going to pass
Reply 25
Original post by bectre12
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone else sat the Buddhism paper on Tuesday?
Which questions did you pick and how did you find it?!

Yeah, I picked
- examine types of meditation, importance of meditation
- examine the Buddha's awakening / enlightenment, the four sights are more important than the Buddha's awakening.

The meditation went alright I think, the second when absolutely sh*t...pure waffeling the whole time.

Hbu? What did you pick and what did you write about?
Reply 26
Same here! Have Maths on the 12th and 14th too so it's just been really rubbish. Definitely failing both. If they gave us more than a day between exams, we would all perform better.
Original post by hannahmajid
Reply 27
Literally completely same with me! What did you talk about - for the four sights one I just waffled so much
Original post by hollie1210
I did! I picked the meditation Q from the first section I didn’t mind those but thought the second section was awful... I went with the four sights/awakening question hby??
Honestly i dont blame you! There's just way too much content for us to memorise. Essentially it's 72 topics in total as we have 24 per component. Plus revision for all our other exams too. Its just too demanding.
Good luck anyways for all your exams, and to everyone else as well!
Original post by SFG2000
Same here! Have Maths on the 12th and 14th too so it's just been really rubbish. Definitely failing both. If they gave us more than a day between exams, we would all perform better.
Original post by sandrathomas1
anyone got any predictions for philosophy?

No religious experience questions came up last year. So defo read up on year one and two. xx
Thankyou thinking the same
Original post by laurentickner
No religious experience questions came up last year. So defo read up on year one and two. xx
Original post by Elliehi11
I saw the questions on the 2 views of Jesus and liberation theology and full dodged them

Same I literally wrote 3 lines for the liberation theology question, I was only in the exam for an hour!
Reply 32
why were you only in there for an hour?
Original post by 3llie000
Same I literally wrote 3 lines for the liberation theology question, I was only in the exam for an hour!
How did you guys find the philosophy exam?
i wish i had picked question 1, not 2 .. i also did the Aquinas and Ramsey question. Overall, could’ve been worse but not what i wanted :frown:
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
i wish i had picked question 1, not 2 .. i also did the Aquinas and Ramsey question. Overall, could’ve been worse but not what i wanted :frown:

I did question 1 it was difficult the compulsory questions were bit mean. Don't worry about it a lot of people did 2 instead telling me 1 was harder :lol: . Ah yes i was about to do that question but instead did 5
Yeah overall it was okay could have been better :redface:
Original post by sandrathomas1
Thankyou thinking the same

How did you find the exam? I actually found it alright! x
I picked question 2, I mucked up the A02 at the start and manage to draw the conclusion into the question. Then I did question 5, which was an absolute dream. Couldn't of asked for a better set of questions.
The AO1s were lovely; couldn't be more unhappy with my answers for the AO2s though :frown:. I did questions 2 and 5, and found it hard to write enough in the time tbh! Pretty sure I lost marks on the AO2s deffo
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Original post by lelliejane
The AO1s were lovely; couldn't be more unhappy with my answers for the AO2s though :frown:. I did questions 2 and 5, and found it hard to write enough in the time tbh! Pretty sure I lost marks on the AO2s deffo

Agreed the AO1's were good. The AO2's were vague which is annoying. Timing is always a problems i managed to finish in time but yeah should be like 10 mins longer. DW about AO2's your not expected to mention everything and you wont be discredited for your response I'm sure you have done fine :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending