The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Speaking from experience I'd say no. You need a fresh mind in the morning.
It doesn't help me, at all.
Reply 3
It won't help.

Well... it didn't help me.
Reply 4
I prefer to just stay up late (so until about 2am) rather than all night and just get less sleep rather than no sleep. I find it works quite well.
A good night's sleep is the best preparation for me...
Reply 6
just have a crate of red bull or super malt with u or just drink plenty of coffee..helps me stay up IF i need to :P its not recommended but you will be suprised how much u learn ! :wink:

HAve fun ! :biggrin:
it might help in terms of getting more revised. But it won't help in that you'll be exhausted in the exams so the extra revision won't've done much, if any, help. GOod luck though-I have the same. 3 hours of chem and 3 hours of econ on weds, and 3 hours of bio tomorrow.
Reply 8
I like to stay up, not all night but perhaps 1 or 2 am (Yes, I do know thats morning :P)

This morning I glanced at a formula which I totally forgot, and just as fate would have it it popped up on my C3 exam!
Reply 9
vinsta
As above, i have a chemistry exam at 9:00 am and 3hours of economics from 1.00-5.00pm ( including breaks, people arriving late etc).
is it going to help or am i gonna die at around 2?

I wouldnt advise it hun you'll be too tired, i have a similiar sort of timetable on thursday 2 hours geography, 3 hours economics and im planning on getting all the rest possible the night before
No.

All nighters are for the disorganised and irresponsible.

I dont care how well you do in an exam after an all nighter, you'd do even better if you had slept.
Reply 11
everyones different. some people find they can remember things easier for some reason, whereas people (like me) remember less and become tired

if you dont know which one you are, i say get a good nights rest, but wake up a bit early to revise maybe?
no no no no. Definately not. You need your sleep. If you need time to revise how about going to sleep early (9ish) and then waking up around 6 or something to get some in before the exam.

when i have a morning exam i usually get up around 6 just to prepare myself, go over any last minute points, make sure i have everything straight in my head and just generally calm myself.

I think doing an "all nighter" is an extremely bad idea, and the thing is you probably wont get all that much work done if youre tired
i actually find it's easier to concentrate the next day with less/no sleep the night before... :s-smilie:

but maybe i'm just weird lol.
H.JJJ
everyones different. some people find they can remember things easier for some reason, whereas people (like me) remember less and become tired

if you dont know which one you are, i say get a good nights rest, but wake up a bit early to revise maybe?

No I think you got it confused. Some people are good at cramming into their short-term memory the night before. This is a different thing altogether.

Everyone needs a good night's sleep, especially before a pressure situation.
Reply 15
I'm in bed at like...10, 11 the night before an exam :p:, then I'm up at around 6:30 to look over notes before I leave.

Can't imagine staying up even till 1 or 2, I would crash and burn.
Reply 16
have a good sleep from 10pm-4am and then wake up and do some morning revision..
I can't sleep the day before an exam very well, so I just do some Econometrics and I fall asleep:biggrin:. So yes, even if I wanted to stay up all night and work, I couldn't... It may help you to stay up, but it's not worth experimenting now...
Reply 18
I've never tried staying up all night, but I would imagine that personally I would do better just going to bed early, even if it meant compromising some of the knowledge. When I'm tired, I can' think, so I'll struggle to remember anything. At least if I sleep well I'll be able to remember most of the course.
Reply 19
Works for me.

Latest