The Student Room Group

Showsec pay rate

Does anybody here currently work for showsec? I'm starting soon as an event steward and wanted to check the rate of pay. We were told at interview, and at various presentations the rate of pay is a standard £9.20 an hour minus 50p until uniform cost is paid for. Is this true? The only reason I ask is because I have just noticed this statement in the contract:

4.1 Showsec will pay the Worker on a monthly basis, directly into their bank account. Showsec's clients dictate the
rate for each event; therefore, there will be varied rates of pay received by Showsec Workers. Showsec's basic
rate of pay is the national minimum wage plus a percentage which represents the national holiday entitlement.
This is the guaranteed minimum rate of pay for all Showsec Workers.

It states that rates of pay varies from event to event and that the pay is minimum wage plus holiday. It doesn't state a set figure and is very vague. If somebody could confirm the rate of pay is what I have stated above for casual stewards and shed some light...that'd be great.
Reply 1
It is £9.20 an hour minus 50p per hour until you've paid off your uniform. you receive rolled up holiday pay which means that the holiday pay is part of the £9.20.

The pay doesn't vary. it is £9.20 for everyone, unless you have SIA License, then it's more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending