The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship wage

Hi.

Quick question. I’m starting as a apprentice teaching assistant in a school in September and wonder what they pay should be? I’m 32. Will it be £4.81 or because of my age will it be minimum wage of £9.50? I am going to ask this question when I speak with the school but can’t seem to get the answer from googling so just wondered if anyone knew.

Thanks xx
Original post by Kdavies1821
Hi.

Quick question. I’m starting as a apprentice teaching assistant in a school in September and wonder what they pay should be? I’m 32. Will it be £4.81 or because of my age will it be minimum wage of £9.50? I am going to ask this question when I speak with the school but can’t seem to get the answer from googling so just wondered if anyone knew.

Thanks xx

I'm pretty sure it's the £4.81 rate for everyone, no matter the age - unless the company providing the apprenticeship wants to pay more. My husband did an apprenticeship over 10 years ago in telecoms engineering and was paid an above-rate wage but that was because the company chose to :smile:
All first year apprentices are only entitled to “apprentice minimum wage” in their first year, regardless of age - I’m eighteen and started my course nearly a year ago and was put on this. Your employer may pay you more but apprenticeships are often viewed as money making opportunities which is reduced if you are paid £10 an hour

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending