The Student Room Group

college student job applications.

so i am applying for a job on indeed, and it says the hours in each shift, (morning shift, day shift, evening shift etc.) my question is, if the store closes at 5:30pm, how can the evening shift be up until 12am? is it just a general hours not specific to that store, or like the maximum time.
as well as that, they ask for "salary expectation"
I am a year 12 college student, with a week's worth of work experience, so i put £6:00-7:00 per hour due to the offer saying "up to 10:65" is that a reasonable and professional expectation and by salary expectation, do they mean per hour or per month?
They might have deliveries etc that occur after the store has closed.

Salary would be per hour (if they ask for a yearly salary, it would be specified) - for future reference, you should probably put the minimum wage for 16 and 17 year olds which is currently £5.28 (rising to £6.40 in April)
Reply 2
Original post by Jimins_hair.
so i am applying for a job on indeed, and it says the hours in each shift, (morning shift, day shift, evening shift etc.) my question is, if the store closes at 5:30pm, how can the evening shift be up until 12am? is it just a general hours not specific to that store, or like the maximum time.
as well as that, they ask for "salary expectation"
I am a year 12 college student, with a week's worth of work experience, so i put £6:00-7:00 per hour due to the offer saying "up to 10:65" is that a reasonable and professional expectation and by salary expectation, do they mean per hour or per month?

Hi jimins

Not all stores closes at that time but those which do so have employed staff to come in and work from closing time until say midnight ok.

If you are working in a big name supermarket you'll be paid the same rate of pay as the rest of the permanent staff are getting. If it was £10.65 per hour then you'll be paid this.
Tesco, Morrisons, Asda, Sainsbury's all pay the same rate roughly per hour of about £11.00p regardless of your age okay.

Some retailers might choose to only pay minimum wage per hour.

I work part-time as t/leader and occasionally stand in as supervisor with one of the big name supermarket.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending