The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Student Parking at Exeter

There seem to be a hundred different websites related to parking in Exeter. From what I can see there's two options for student parking, either a pay and display (no need for permit), or you apply for a permit.

The pay and display is self-explanatory with clear rates. Does anyone know if pay and display parking spaces are competitive or do they always have space?

I can't find any information of student rates for permits, only staff rates. I do know that with my postcode I am eligible for a permit.

Does anyone have any advice for parking in the university? Would like to hear your experiences.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Mead_and_Greed
There seem to be a hundred different websites related to parking in Exeter. From what I can see there's two options for student parking, either a pay and display (no need for permit), or you apply for a permit.

The pay and display is self-explanatory with clear rates. Does anyone know if pay and display parking spaces are competitive or do they always have space?

I can't find any information of student rates for permits, only staff rates. I do know that with my postcode I am eligible for a permit.

Does anyone have any advice for parking in the university? Would like to hear your experiences.

Hello,

My understanding is that parking permits are the same price for staff and students - they try to dissuade students in Exeter driving to campus which is why they don't always explicitly mention student permits alongside it but it is one and the same. It might be worth dropping a line to [email protected] in case they have any additional information for students specifically.

I would suggest that unless you are in every day of the week the authority to park is the most cost effective permit - the permit is free for those that are eligible to get permits on campus and then it costs just £2 a day to park on campus. Details can be found under 'free permits' on the parking permits webpages.

With regard to how busy campus in, post covid I would say parking has eased up a lot - it used to be really difficult after 9am. Car parks right in the centre of campus will be busier, but those on the periphery should be ok through the day unless there is an exceptional event on (like graduation or an Open Day). So hand on heart I would say it is workable these days.

Hope this helps! Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
(edited 7 months ago)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Hi, I have a student parking permit. Am I able to park at rowancroft or James Owen court with this?
Original post by diagonalstripes
Hi, I have a student parking permit. Am I able to park at rowancroft or James Owen court with this?

Hi @diagonalstripes,

I'd recommend getting in contact with the Car Parking Office ([email protected] or 01392 725678) to clarify.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Kitty
University of Exeter Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending