The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Mine is atrocious and I haven't done too badly, so don't worry!
emma_daton
Oh Ok Thanks! Also, do you think handwriting is an issue? Because mine is out of the question :P

I wouldn't worry too much because most peoples handwritting is horrendous in exams as you're rushing. Someone who was in my film class hads horrendous writting regardless of whether he was in a rush or not, even he could hardly read it so he was given a laptop to write his answers on lol. Apparently for his GCSEs he wrote the answers in the exam and then had to read it out to someoneelse after the exam and they had to re-write it all for him (obviously there was an invidulator who made sure there was no cheating taking place).

If you're worried about your handwritting see your exam officer and ask them to look over your handwritting to see if its worth them letting you use a laptop.
Reply 62
hows everyones c + d revision going?
Reply 63
emma_daton
hows everyones c + d revision going?

It's not :frown:
Reply 64
whyy? what have u revised so far?
Reply 65
Umm... Suicide, Official Statistics and the theories.

Still got gender, ethnicity and all the synoptic stuff to do.
my revision has to come to a complete halt due to the ever present disease that is can't be arsed syndrome.
Reply 67
Lol!!

I think I have it too :frown:
I have been quite lazy today in terms of revision, i've spent all day on here talking about it, went for a run, came back and talked about it some more and still i have nothing to show for it lol.
Reply 69
Do you think you can revise all this shizzle in 5 days straight? erm about 6 hours each day? can it happen?
Yeah you should be fine, i me an its quite a hard subject to revise for anyway because you more or less know everything you just need to remember peoples names mostly, practice as many past papers as possible and you should be fine :smile:

I'm dreading the substantive question more than the actual essay :s-smilie:
Reply 71
Yeh me too. I hate it :frown:

I don't know why I'm stressed though; if I get a U in this exam I still get an A overall (as long as it's above 15.3%), but it's still really stressing me :frown:
I have to revise for my psychology exam non stop for 4 days, and its unit 5 and i haven't sat in a psychology class for over a year and i can't remember anything... i don't have high hopes lol.
Jhawkins
Yeh me too. I hate it :frown:

I don't know why I'm stressed though; if I get a U in this exam I still get an A overall (as long as it's above 15.3%), but it's still really stressing me :frown:

I wish i hadthat luxury :frown:
Reply 74
Lol I have about 96 studies I need to know for Psychology!

Yeh well I do better, a lot better, in Sociology than I do in English- and I'm going to do English at uni!
Its ridiculous how many studies they expect you to remember for psychology, and you can't say its not possible because they'll just come up with some crap about your LTM being limitless lol.

I'm sure you'll do fine in English if things go wrong find your examiner and offer them a million pounds, or sleep with them, hopefully they're not too old and ugly lol.
Reply 76
How many snyoptic links do you apply? or is it link as much as possible?
Reply 77
3 or 4 points, if I've understood your question!
Reply 78
for each Q?
someone mentioned about functionalism...

i'm a bit worried now, because all i have on functionalism and c&d is that durkheim says it's healthy etc etc.

Would merton & strain theory come under Functionalism? Anything else?

I get confused with this topic and where everything comes under.

I know the subcultural ones quite well:
Cohen
Miller
Cloward & Ohlin

Can someone brief over taylor's realist approach on suicide since that's the one that i've neglected and such. Plus how exactly would you like suicide to religion? I know durkheim found that Protestants are more likely to commit suicide but yeah... having trouble with the links.

New right is basically everything to do with the self and rational choice & responsibility right? Don't like them much. Left Realism is to do with communities and victims?

::s-smilie:cared::

Latest

Trending

Trending