The Student Room Group

Holocaust Interpretations Paper CIE 9389 History

Hey guys.
It seems like no one did the Holocaust question lmao
If you did, please share your thoughts on the paper and how you answered it! :smile:
Reply 1
Hey!
So I found the paper okay, I was just blessed Jewish blame didn't come up or anything else a bit obscure. For the interpretation I said intentionalist but acknowledged aspects of structuralism within the source.
What about you?
I said it was a synthesis approach, or post-structuralist. but tbh, i didnt feel like i used enough of my own knowledge, so im worried about marks :frown: was hoping for an a star sighhhhh. what are you guys doing for paper 4?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Mostly just praying because i realised i gave too much time for paper 3 and i know nothing about paper 4. We do dictators and I chose to just do Hitler and Stalin which was NOT a good shout i dont know how to cram!! Anyways whatre you doing?
Original post by shanyahaha
I said it was a synthesis approach, or post-structuralist. but tbh, i didnt feel like i used enough of my own knowledge, so im worried about marks :frown: was hoping for an a star sighhhhh. what are you guys doing for paper 4?
Thanks for replying guys! I didn't write any of the terms like structuralist, functionalist, etc. cause it doesn't really get you any extra marks, it's just a helpful shorthand, but if you misuse them, they'll penalize you quite harshly. I wasnt 100% sure so I decided not to use them. However, when I spoke about it with my friends, we all agreed it had aspects of all 3 (structuralism, intentionalism, functionalism), so yeah if you wrote synthesis I guess that's good!

I wrote that the Holocaust was gradually achieved and that it wasn't marked by "one single, overarching factor". If I remember correctly I also wrote that even though Hitler was central in giving these orders, it was his men that carried them out and they had a lot of liberty in the way these orders were executed. I think there was something else in the paper that you had to mention but I can't remember it now.

Also, I think it was a Browning extract but didn't write that ughhh, so annoying
haha i did hitler and lenin! i liked it tho, im really pleased with paper 4 hehe. phew. how bout you?
Original post by EllaG777
Mostly just praying because i realised i gave too much time for paper 3 and i know nothing about paper 4. We do dictators and I chose to just do Hitler and Stalin which was NOT a good shout i dont know how to cram!! Anyways whatre you doing?
honestly i wouldve liked something a bit meatier, like jewish blame, because its complex? i felt like i was repeating myself in paper 3 :/
Original post by EllaG777
Hey!
So I found the paper okay, I was just blessed Jewish blame didn't come up or anything else a bit obscure. For the interpretation I said intentionalist but acknowledged aspects of structuralism within the source.
What about you?
I did Lenin and Stalin, I think it went okay 😅 my teacher said the stuff I wrote was correct but I guess it depends on how I phrased it and what evidence I used.
Original post by shanyahaha
haha i did hitler and lenin! i liked it tho, im really pleased with paper 4 hehe. phew. how bout you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending