The Student Room Group

I've burnt out for my year 10 mocks

HI. Got my year 10 mocks coming up on the 10th of june. I have kinda burnt out in terms of revision as i think i revised too hard. I made neevar arch folders on most of my subjects. I have been doing like 5-6 hours a day for the last few days. Still need to revise half of geo, a little rs, and half of bio. Have a german speaking and listening exam on the 7th, which i haven't done much revision on. Any tips on how i can gain my energy back or revise my remaining stuff? It is the month of ramadan and thus i have lost a lot of sleep and due to fasting have little energy.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Right now i should be revising biology but i cant stop myself from procrastinating lol

Original post by triviaking
HI. Got my year 10 mocks coming up on the 10th of june. I have kinda burnt out in terms of revision as i think i revised too hard. I made neevar arch folders on most of my subjects. I have been doing like 5-6 hours a day for the last few days. Still need to revise half of geo, a little rs, and half of bio. Have a german speaking and listening exam on the 7th, which i haven't done much revision on. Any tips on how i can gain my energy back or revise my remaining stuff?

P.s it is the month of ramadan and thus i have lost a lot of sleep and due to fasting have little energy.
Reply 2
Remove that p.s or you gonna get a lot of snowflakes telling u to stop fasting lol
Take a break. Sounds like you're quite prepared, you just need a bit more time to cool down and reward yourself, especially during Ramadan. Taking a long break will definitely get your energy back, but if you feel too guilty to not do any revision, I'd recommend doing 'easier' revision like doing the courses on Seneca.

Hope it all goes okay, but remember you're only in Year 10, and if these exams don't go how you'd like them to, you still have a year to improve :smile: Good luck!
Reply 4
lol ok
Original post by SpanAl
Remove that p.s or you gonna get a lot of snowflakes telling u to stop fasting lol
Reply 5
Thanks for the advice. Im aiming for 7s and above in the end of years.
Original post by drystar
Take a break. Sounds like you're quite prepared, you just need a bit more time to cool down and reward yourself, especially during Ramadan. Taking a long break will definitely get your energy back, but if you feel too guilty to not do any revision, I'd recommend doing 'easier' revision like doing the courses on Seneca.

Hope it all goes okay, but remember you're only in Year 10, and if these exams don't go how you'd like them to, you still have a year to improve :smile: Good luck!
Reply 6
Don’t worry, no one revises for year 10 mocks. Don’t stress
Reply 7
take a break, year ten end of years are a little important but literally nowhere near vital at all. you're working yourself far too hard (even if you have stuff left to do) and that stress combined with ramadan could take a toll on your mindset during exams.
also as drystar said, seneca is a lifesaver!
Original post by triviaking
Thanks for the advice. Im aiming for 7s and above in the end of years.

Good luck! If they're using last year's grade boundaries they are pretty low, so hopefully you'll get what you're aiming for :smile:
Same, I revised too much in year 8 and 9 :curious:
In Year 10 your mocks are more about understanding your strengths and weaknesses, than about counting towards something - realistically, they don't mean anything, but that doesn't mean that they aren't useful and important. That means that it's probably fine if you take a break, or cut the workload for a bit... maybe reduce the amount of time you spend revising for subjects that you're already good at. Do something to clear your mind and actively take time out to forget about exam stress. Based on your description of your revision, the danger facing you is more that you'll be too tired than that you'll be under-prepared, because you've clearly done some proper work already. It is GCSE season right now, so I'm not sure but there is a possibility that your exams next year (the real ones) will also coincide with Ramadan. I don't know if this is an option for you, but it really is important that you eat a normal diet during exam season, so I would recommend that you don't fast next year, or maybe fast to a lesser extent. Fasting next year might put your grades at risk, and might make you feel even worse during an already stressful period. That isn't a problem this year, but I would advise that you seriously consider it as an potential action next year, just to be safe.

Quick Reply

Latest