The Student Room Group

need advice(girls pls)

Scroll to see replies

a really fat pad that won’t stain my bloody knickerz
U need to have a unique selling point because I have seen other monthly subs that do this
sooo truuuu
tbh i don't know if im going to add sanitary products in there because that really personal for people.. it was just going to be products to make you feel better
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
a really fat pad that won’t stain my bloody knickerz
yeah thats a fair point... im trying to aim it at a teen audience as its a lot more affordable, but also my USP is like a good, wide variety of this which i know that a lot of sub boxes dont have that many products in... what would attract you as a USP?
Original post by Skycloud
U need to have a unique selling point because I have seen other monthly subs that do this
Bath crystals/bath bombs—it’s nice to have a bath on your period
oooh.. ok! That's so unusual because i didn't realise people have baths on their period.. i always have showers. This is a great idea, thanks!
Original post by OctoberRain7
Bath crystals/bath bombs—it’s nice to have a bath on your period
Original post by the_icy_goldfish
omg so true. like a 5ml one every month?

yeah that's good and like you said some tea tree oil too, the best thing for spots
Maybe like chocolate or a face mask just something that'll make people happy, like a random extra :smile: x
Hi! I'm hoping to start a business focusing on subscription boxes for girls on their periods and I really just want to ask girls what they want on their periods just to make that time of the month a lil easier. Some of the products so far include: infused tea, packet instant warmers, candle, etc...

What other things do you guys wish you have on your periods? Thank you so much if any of you do reply as this is a massive help to me!

Chocolate, those spongy/fluffy socks, those pocket warmers but they could be used for stomach cramps maybe? (Hot water bottle would probably be too big?) This is a cool idea.
You could also have a pay-it-forward option, so you could also provide some to homeless/women's shelters
tea tree is a great idea!
Original post by mwindram
yeah that's good and like you said some tea tree oil too, the best thing for spots
thank you! I really am digging the socks idea actually...
Original post by LizieM
Chocolate, those spongy/fluffy socks, those pocket warmers but they could be used for stomach cramps maybe? (Hot water bottle would probably be too big?) This is a cool idea.
wow, thats a brilliant idea and id be more than happy doing it. Currently the packaging is eco-friendly and that could entice people but yours is a great idea. Thank you so much!
Original post by FeteOnTheGround
You could also have a pay-it-forward option, so you could also provide some to homeless/women's shelters
thank you! I really am digging the socks idea actually...

Haha awesome
yeah thats a fair point... im trying to aim it at a teen audience as its a lot more affordable, but also my USP is like a good, wide variety of this which i know that a lot of sub boxes dont have that many products in... what would attract you as a USP?

I would say to do something personalised, some girls use tampons whereas others use pads, so it’s no good getting both of you only use one. Having a personalised option allows for it to be more tailored to u also it makes the money worth while which will coincide with the more affordable vibe you are going with
A nice fragrance mist, or infused oils
A personalised option so people can pick and choose 8 or so items they want in their box, as some people may not want some items and want others instead.
Original post by paddy.leesh
maybe a box of paracetamol loool

Make that 5 boxes and a stress ball
this is a brilliant idea!! but please remember that if you want to not exclude people, some trans and nb people still get periods. just avoid marketing it as "boxes for WOMEN" etc.
just avoid saying "for women" - you could market it as just period boxes instead
I feel like you need to consider your USP more. I have seen sooo many different period subscription boxes which cover many of the things mentioned. Most I know of include items of food, tea bags, personal hygiene products etc.
Have you done some market research and looked at competition?

Quick Reply

Latest