The Student Room Group

Physics Only Source of Hope is Equations - True?

There's no doubt that I'll even understand that Physics paper. How many equations do you think they'll give? I mean like, that's my only source of hope right there...I mean- what % of the paper is made out of equations? If I rely on those, how many marks out of 100 do you think I can get and what grade if I rely on common sense as well?

AQA by the way...aka the worst exam board known to mankind.
(edited 4 years ago)
For AQA is says 30% of physics marks will AT LEAST be calculations. However paper 1 was like half of the marks so it could balance out and be very little
Reply 2
I'm...I'm gonna die. Why couldn't paper 1 (the one I found okay in) be with less equations? The next paper is actually a hellhound! I can't do it.
Original post by Maximus 190
For AQA is says 30% of physics marks will AT LEAST be calculations. However paper 1 was like half of the marks so it could balance out and be very little
Original post by liaente
I'm...I'm gonna die. Why couldn't paper 1 (the one I found okay in) be with less equations? The next paper is actually a hellhound! I can't do it.

Yeah; some of waves and magnetism is quite difficult for paper 2. It’s really not too bad though, the questions they ask are normally quite basic if they ask stuff on the difficult topics.
Reply 4
For Physics paper 2, do we need to know all the equations from the topics in paper 1 + the equations from the topics in paper 2 to use for the paper 2 exam? Or is it just the paper 2 topic equations that will come up
Reply 5
:nope:
Yeah; some of waves and magnetism is quite difficult for paper 2. It’s really not too bad though, the questions they ask are normally quite basic if they ask stuff on the difficult topics.
Original post by rrrude
For Physics paper 2, do we need to know all the equations from the topics in paper 1 + the equations from the topics in paper 2 to use for the paper 2 exam? Or is it just the paper 2 topic equations that will come up

Judging by chemistry paper 2 we need to know paper 1 stuff as well. :smile:
Reply 7
do we know for sure that we need to know all the equations for paper 1? Im worried as I don't know them as well.

Judging by chemistry paper 2 we need to know paper 1 stuff as well. :smile:
Original post by rrrude
do we know for sure that we need to know all the equations for paper 1? Im worried as I don't know them as well.

might as well learn them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending