Physics Only Source of Hope is Equations - True?

Watch
liaente
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
There's no doubt that I'll even understand that Physics paper. How many equations do you think they'll give? I mean like, that's my only source of hope right there...I mean- what % of the paper is made out of equations? If I rely on those, how many marks out of 100 do you think I can get and what grade if I rely on common sense as well?

AQA by the way...aka the worst exam board known to mankind.
Last edited by liaente; 2 years ago
Maximus 190
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For AQA is says 30% of physics marks will AT LEAST be calculations. However paper 1 was like half of the marks so it could balance out and be very little
liaente
Rep:
?
I'm...I'm gonna die. Why couldn't paper 1 (the one I found okay in) be with less equations? The next paper is actually a hellhound! I can't do it.
(Original post by Maximus 190)
For AQA is says 30% of physics marks will AT LEAST be calculations. However paper 1 was like half of the marks so it could balance out and be very little
Maximus 190
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by liaente)
I'm...I'm gonna die. Why couldn't paper 1 (the one I found okay in) be with less equations? The next paper is actually a hellhound! I can't do it.
Yeah; some of waves and magnetism is quite difficult for paper 2. It’s really not too bad though, the questions they ask are normally quite basic if they ask stuff on the difficult topics.
rrrude
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For Physics paper 2, do we need to know all the equations from the topics in paper 1 + the equations from the topics in paper 2 to use for the paper 2 exam? Or is it just the paper 2 topic equations that will come up
liaente
Rep:
?
:nope:
Yeah; some of waves and magnetism is quite difficult for paper 2. It’s really not too bad though, the questions they ask are normally quite basic if they ask stuff on the difficult topics.
Maximus 190
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rrrude)
For Physics paper 2, do we need to know all the equations from the topics in paper 1 + the equations from the topics in paper 2 to use for the paper 2 exam? Or is it just the paper 2 topic equations that will come up
Judging by chemistry paper 2 we need to know paper 1 stuff as well.
rrrude
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do we know for sure that we need to know all the equations for paper 1? Im worried as I don't know them as well.

Judging by chemistry paper 2 we need to know paper 1 stuff as well.
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rrrude)
do we know for sure that we need to know all the equations for paper 1? Im worried as I don't know them as well.
might as well learn them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads