telkov
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My current choices are Bio/Chem/Geography/Computer science, but I'm beginning to have doubts about Computer science just because of the course. I absolutely love Geography (although I won't take it to further study) so I was thinking of 'filling the gap' with Environmental studies, but idk. Do you think it's worth it? Also, I've heard it's a 'soft' subject + isn't very respected, so I'd probably enjoy it, so does it matter? Again, probably not going to use it (I want to do biologu/biomedicine further)
I know I can drop my 4th at AS but I might not so I want to make a good choice.
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by telkov)
My current choices are Bio/Chem/Geography/Computer science, but I'm beginning to have doubts about Computer science just because of the course. I absolutely love Geography (although I won't take it to further study) so I was thinking of 'filling the gap' with Environmental studies, but idk. Do you think it's worth it? Also, I've heard it's a 'soft' subject + isn't very respected, so I'd probably enjoy it, so does it matter? Again, probably not going to use it (I want to do biologu/biomedicine further)
I know I can drop my 4th at AS but I might not so I want to make a good choice.
If you think you'd enjoy it, then go for it. Of course there are potentially more 'relevant' subjects you could be taking (e.g. Maths/Physics) but if those aren't options you're considering then going with Environmental Science sounds fine. You've got the two main subjects that you need, and that's the most important thing.
EurovisjiaOwen
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Telkov, so happy that you are considering to study such a beautiful subject. Although I can't answer your questions or doubts about computer science I can definitely reassure you that Environmental Science is far from a soft subject. AQA reassessed the curriculum and changed it to a more science based course, really taking into account all three sciences and mixing them in.

Environmental Science also sets you up for careers across Geography and Environmental based paths such as Conservation. You still get the chance to experience practicals too however there is no write up like there is in Biology or Chemistry. If you choose to go down a bio course having Environmental Science can be good for personal statements as they allow for more in depth knowledge of certain subject areas.

If you need any answers to anything, feel free to drop me a message!

Owen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (32)
35.56%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (9)
10%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
4.44%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (25)
27.78%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (13)
14.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (7)
7.78%

Watched Threads