The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Transfer Ecology and Environmental Science to Biologic Science

Hi everyone, I'm an international student applying to undergraduate programs this year.

At the beginning I chose UCL and KCL biologic sciences in London as my firm and insurance options, but I still want to come to Edinburgh to study. So I applied to Edinburgh's Ecology and Environmental Science programme through UCAS Clearing.(only this option)

I want to know if I can transfer from ecology and environmental science programme to biology department at the beginning of the school year.
My high school grades meet the requirements for the Biologic Science.

Could I transfer from Ecology and Environmental Science to Biologic Science at the beginning of the school year?
Original post by Stella727
Hi everyone, I'm an international student applying to undergraduate programs this year.

At the beginning I chose UCL and KCL biologic sciences in London as my firm and insurance options, but I still want to come to Edinburgh to study. So I applied to Edinburgh's Ecology and Environmental Science programme through UCAS Clearing.(only this option)

I want to know if I can transfer from ecology and environmental science programme to biology department at the beginning of the school year.

Could I transfer from Ecology and Environmental Science to Biologic Science at the beginning of the school year?

Is the reason that you didn't apply for Biological Science at Edinburgh (and opted for Environmental Science instead) simply because Biological Science was full and so wasn't in Clearing? So instead you applied for a course which you don't really want to do, in order to secure a place (any place) at Edinburgh?

Did you originally apply for Biological Science at Edinburgh? If so, they presumably didn't make you an offer. Or is your desire to study at Edinburgh a recent thing?

You might find that Biological Science is available in Clearing on A level results day. If it is, you could contact the university and ask to switch. If it's not in Clearing, then the course is full, meaning that a transfer at the beginning of the school year would be very unlikely to be available.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending