The Student Room Group

Biology in uni

Do i need to have two A levels to study Biology in uni?
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
You need 3!

What if i do a level biology with two btecs
Original post by i.a000
What if i do a level biology with two btecs

Some unis will accept that, but some will not. Some may accept it but consider you less competitive.

Note quite a lot of bioscience degrees prefer or require a second science A-level. Some specifically require A-level Chemistry (as it underpins the modern biosciences).
Reply 4
With only 1 A level, you will need to look at mostly 'UCAS points' Unis and check that they will accept, probably by emailing them, as A level / BTEC combos can sometimes get complicated.

Plymouth as one example wants "A level Biology and a second relevant subject (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Geology, Environmental Science or Environmental Studies, Applied Science, Marine Science)." and it isnt clear if they would accept a science related BTEC for the second science. However they also offer a Foundation Year for those without the right quals/subjects etc - BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences with Foundation Year - University of Plymouth
Hello,

The best thing to do would be to check the university website and email admissions if you have any specific questions.

For example, at UCLan accepts different tnry requirements and offers a foundation degree as well.

This is the link if you are interested !

https://www.uclan.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/biology-bsc

Best of luck,

Haya - MBBS V

Quick Reply

Latest