The Student Room Group

"Having fun" with the examiner

When i'm doing an exam and have some time left at the end, or during a question i have no idea about i often write notes or express my annoyance to the examiner - I couple of times i've even come up with some god-awful puns or jokes based on the subjects and chucked them in at the end. I know i'll never see how the person marking it responded but i like to do it anyway, sometimes just a "thanks for marking". Am i totally alone in this and a very strange person or do other people do similar things? Cheers :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i write haiku at the end of every exam i do, no joke
i did in my gcses! not now though!
it tended to come in the form of funny pictures though!
I don't do things like that because of how important exams are, i treat them seriously XD
Those pages marked "BLANK PAGE" are a gift.
Reply 5
I think they would probably get annoyed.

I did that for my critical thinking paper but as a mark of protest against the subject because it's pointless.
Reply 6
I always felt the urge, but refrained in case the examiner didn't see the happy side of it.
house sparrows

I love you.

I may have to do this.
Reply 8
OllyThePhilosopher
Those pages marked "BLANK PAGE" are a gift.

Yeah, or those "THERE ARE NO QUESTIONS PRINTED ON THIS PAGE"
I wanted to write "Duuuuuuuuuuh" next to it, but I thought better of it. :p:
Please give some examples, I could do with a laugh.

At the end of my Keats resit I was tempted to write "in conclusion, Mr. Keats senior should have used a condom" but managed to stop myself.
I've written apologetic notes for the state of my handwriting after having had to scrawl out of exhaustion after the 8 A4 page mark, in an hour and a half exam.
lol in my general studies exam in jan i kinda went on a rant throughout some of the questions, displaying my anoyance at the guy who wrote one of the source things, and also had a go at the exminer about it....suprised to say i got a U for that paper and im resitting it next tuesday XD lol

oh well!!
I think I wrote a sorry note for how messed up a page looked during my GCSEs... including some smiley faces too...
Reply 13
This one time I thought it wuld b funny to right a wrong answer to every question lol!!!!
Reply 14
My housemate always apologises for his handwriting at the end of every exam.
Gemma_08
"THERE ARE NO QUESTIONS PRINTED ON THIS PAGE"

I always put a question mark at the end of that. Now there is a question, suckers.
house sparrows

er.....having me a blond mo, remind me what a haiku is please!!
Reply 17
Someone I know got a letter back telling them not to try and communicate with examiners. I often put smiley faces in or such though.
Reply 18
I wrote this joke at the end of my C2 paper last monday.

"Why do you never see mathematicians at the beach...

because they have sine and cosine to give them a tan."
Benzene
I always put a question mark at the end of that. Now there is a question, suckers.

Hah!

Latest

Trending

Trending