The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Never felt the urge. Besides, I heard they can disqualify you for defacing an exam paper :eek:
I told the examiner to ring me if there was any doubts whether to give me the mark on a question where my answer was 2/3 correct. I gave my friend's mobile number but said it was mine lol
Mad_Drummer_Girl
er.....having me a blond mo, remind me what a haiku is please!!

haiku is a form of traditional japanese poetry, 3 lines and typically (but not always) 17 syllables long, divided into 5,7,5.
Reply 23
My friend was doing his music exam and he was talking about music that can be used for a comedy film, and he started talking about Bridget Jones Diary, and spent about a page talking about the film, not the music. Lol
house sparrows
haiku is a form of traditional japanese poetry, 3 lines and typically (but not always) 17 syllables long, divided into 5,7,5.

arh yes i see!!....yea english was never my strong point!
OllyThePhilosopher
Those pages marked "BLANK PAGE" are a gift.

But they are lies, LIES! It's not a blank page if it has "BLANK PAGE" written all over it...
In a year 9 RE exam, the question was "complete the creed" and two lines were given. My friend wrote, "I have no idea, I'm usually asleep in church by this point"

Our school are Bible-mad. It went down a storm.
i would be scared incase they marked me down or something!
in our mocks a lot of people doodled in theres and the teachers gave us a massive lecture about not writing all over the exam papers otherwise they wont be marked!
Some people had to re-do the papers they drew on! x
I have a bit of a problem with taking life, and therefore, exams seriously.

I wrote my entire English Lit AS exam in blue ink, despite being told multiple times to use black. Not really for any reason but to express my annoyance at not being told beforehand. I was sitting right at the front too, so presumably some invigilator saw at some point... but didn't say anything... I thought it'd be taken away from me at any moment though.

Oh. And I messed up my Philosophy exam by answering all of the questions instead of picking one. At some point I wrote something about negative utiliatarianism, and put "least pain and unhappiness for fewest people by <s>eliminating philosophy exams</s>" etc. It was something like that anyway.
Reply 29
I remember doodling on the back of exam paper for like 10 mins about this teacher with a comb over. Was funny, i intended to rub it out but i lost track of time and had to send it in :p:
Still got an A but :laugh:
Reply 30
i duno why... but i wouldnt dare!
proably just incase i had to reclaim my script and my teacher saw it haha!
Reply 31
most of us found our chemistry paper hard at my school and one boy put "why are you cursing me with there challenging questions"
Haha. I thought this was going to be a dirty thread. :rolleyes:
DiscoPirate
Haha. I thought this was going to be a dirty thread. :rolleyes:

:ditto: :p: :redface:
I've been known to say sorry for the mess I create after changing my answer to a specific question ten times over, in the hope it will make the examiner more sympathetic :p:
hmm, i've only done it once in gcse spanish. there's a paper where you had to do an extended essay on the envionment or something. i did as much as i could then wrote a letter of apology to the examiner in spanish saying i couldn't remember anymore and that i've very sorry. that's about it though and it was only out of desperation in the offchance i might get some more marks cos i wasn't doing very well. i got a b in the end though. yay :smile:

my friend however, drew a cartoon of the story of his life in a level m1 because he didn't know any of the questions. he got a few marks from the ones he attempted, and then when i retook it i only got one more mark than him.. thats how bad i was at as maths. 9 ums marks ftw :biggrin:
When I read the thread title, I thought you'd been sleeping with the examiners to get good grades! :smile:
thestylishkidintheriot
When I read the thread title, I thought you'd been sleeping with the examiners to get good grades! :smile:

It's what drew me to this thread, too.
thestylishkidintheriot

We always end up discussing this in various classes. We found out that a suprisingly large number of students would allow an examiner to slap them on the bare arse with a shatterproof ruler to get an A.
Reply 39
Imagine someone writing a love poem to the examiner to get them all happy and it backfires on them, because he/she comes to the school to find you and then reads it out to the whole school :rofl:. Now that i would love to see :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending