The Student Room Group

Should i be revising in the summer holidays?

Hi so I just got back my year 10 mocks results and got mostly 5s 6s and 7s except for eng lit which I got a 4 (i revised most for eng lit )

I really want 8s and 9s by next year so I was wondering if I should be revising over the holidays as I have nothing better to do or relax the whole time to be refreshed in September
Try not to put too much pressure on yourself your grades will likely gradually raise with the increased work etc you will be doing inside of school time
If you are planning to revise I would keep it light revision and for short periods of time
Don’t prioritise revision over having fun too!
If you desperately want better grades, relax half the hols, revise, in very short bursts, for half. Or 60/40. Definitely give yourself at least 3-4 weeks off.
yes study well, study bc it is fun. u won't be wasting ur summer away. that's bu***sh**. if u feel urself stressing out, ure doing something wrong (overcomplicating things) dont listen to ppl who say only the core subjects matter, they ALL do, you are capable of achieving all 9s. use ur textbooks, re-memorise ur year 10 notes (if u add up all ur notes it equates to like ...only one week's revision lol, it's that uncomplicated). FOCUS ON THE SCIENCE. that has much more content than ppl realise. literally memorise the cgp from now and up to where year 10 content finishes. any questions ask me :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest