The Student Room Group

year 10 mocks

usually in school im an above aveage student and i get like 6s and 7s in most subjects and my parents are happy. now i started to get my mock results back and i got a 9 in computing, a 6+ in maths, a 4 in french and a 5+ in physics so far and my dad is very angry that i didn't revise enough when i thought i did and then he got even more angry when he saw me using my phone at 6am this morning and now i can't go out in the summer holiday. what do i do bc he doesn't wanna listen
Reply 1
Original post by theslimjim
usually in school im an above aveage student and i get like 6s and 7s in most subjects and my parents are happy. now i started to get my mock results back and i got a 9 in computing, a 6+ in maths, a 4 in french and a 5+ in physics so far and my dad is very angry that i didn't revise enough when i thought i did and then he got even more angry when he saw me using my phone at 6am this morning and now i can't go out in the summer holiday. what do i do bc he doesn't wanna listen

Try to make him understand that you got great results given you’re in year 10. You have a whole year to improve them and I’m sure you will do just that.

Try telling him that you have revised a lot and how you feel (are you stressed for exams? Are you burned out?) and how it’s important you take a break in the summer and then get at it in September again!

Alternatively, if school isn’t yet over for you, you could go to your teachers and ask them for how you can improve in your subjects and perhaps action some of that advice in the coming weeks if you still have school to prove to him you’re serious about it and have tried your hardest. Hope all goes well!
Reply 2
Original post by subbhy
Try to make him understand that you got great results given you’re in year 10. You have a whole year to improve them and I’m sure you will do just that.

Try telling him that you have revised a lot and how you feel (are you stressed for exams? Are you burned out?) and how it’s important you take a break in the summer and then get at it in September again!

Alternatively, if school isn’t yet over for you, you could go to your teachers and ask them for how you can improve in your subjects and perhaps action some of that advice in the coming weeks if you still have school to prove to him you’re serious about it and have tried your hardest. Hope all goes well!

thank you
i tried to say that i revised a lot and i did my hardest but now he's saying its bc my phone was in my room and bc i was listening to music even tho it helps me to focus
Reply 3
thank you
i tried to say that i revised a lot and i did my hardest but now he's saying its bc my phone was in my room and bc i was listening to music even tho it helps me to focus

Aww hope all works out well for you.

I do listen to music too! Some people recommend listening to lyric-less music or just beta waves as they’re supposed to help. I use this app called Endel whilst revising.

I think phones have the potential to be hugely distracting but if you’re using it to study and have dedicated hours for studying, your phone should be fine. You also do need breaks!
Reply 4
You need to ask yourself honestly whether you revised hard enough and whether you were using good techniques. How many hours of revision were you doing and how were you spending that time?

If you are an above average student, you should not be happy with grade 4s. Your dad is also right about phones being distracting- this should be in a separate room while you’re revising.

bro at least u got a 9 in my school we never used grade for subjects we used advanced secure and emerging i have always getting advanced and secure in everything except drama ( everyone use to mess about) i did my mocks last week i only know my English grade and i thought was mid at English i got a grade 2 in English lit and a grade 5 in language and i know i failed d scince like i am so done and it is my last summer with my friends and i want to-do so much stuff and everyone keeps expecting amazing grades for me since i am the oldest daughter and i am so sad i disappointed i am gonna cry

What i am telling parents is they have to accept they are strict black parents but taking away wont change my scores it has happened it is in the past tell them you are going to make a revision table for summer (put it in your room so they can see )ands they can take you phone at 8 or 9 pm evyrnight summer is for 6 weeks they are going to forget or give up, and revise 4 days every week and let your pa=rents notice and they will see you are starting to change and will slowly let you be free

Quick Reply

Latest