The Student Room Group

Data interpretation for third year

I was wondering which is a good book for preparing for Data interpretation for third-year medical students. This is the first time I will be encountering such an exam. I came across Data interpretation for medical students by Paul Hamilton(Pastes) but having a quick glance it seemed bit heavy -is it useful for final year students? or the third year as well.

I would appreciate if anyone could give me some pointers/books for preparing for third-year exams.

Many thanks
I think it would be useful to elaborate on what your third-year exams cover, as I believe not every school covers the same things at third-year.
Reply 2
I agree with above, it would be useful to know exactly what type of data interpretation questions are likely to come up on your exam.

Having said that, it’s highly likely you’ll only get one of the common things in 3rd year, so don’t overprepare with anything aimed at final year students. Focus on things like ECG, CXR and AXR, ABG, research papers etc. The books called ECG Made Easy and Unofficial Guide To Radiology cover everything you need to know. Use any OSCE book for medical students to find the structure for reading things like blood results and research papers. Practise practise practise like you would for any type of OSCE station.

I wish you good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending